'Sin City' Sequel Finds Its Titular Dame in Eva Green
Finally, the titular Dame in the "Sin City" sequel has been found. On Tuesday, January 29, Dimension Films announced that "Dark Shadows" actress Eva Green has been cast as femme fatale Ava Lord in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For".
Ava is the iconic character from the titular graphic novel by Frank Miller. The dangerous lady is described as "every man's most glorious dreams come true" and is also "every man's darkest nightmares." Green was picked by Miller and Robert Rodriguez themselves.
Upon confirming the casting news, the director duo said, "We've been wanting to tell this story for a very long time. Ava Lord is one of the most deadly and fascinating residents of Sin City. From the start, we knew that the actor would need to be able to embody the multifaceted characteristics of this femme fatale and we found that in Eva Green. We are ecstatic that Eva is joining us."
Green will join a host of famous names in the sequel's cast ensemble. They include Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dennis Haysbert, Christopher Meloni, Jeremy Piven, Jamie Chung, Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Julia Garner.
A continuation of Miller's "Sin City" graphic novels, "Dame to Kill For" focuses on earlier story of Clive Owen's Dwight McCarthy, whose life is turned upside down when Ava, a woman from his past, returns and says she loves him and causes all sorts of problems for him. The movie is slated for an October 4 release Stateside.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt