Amy Poehler Signs Her First Book Deal
"Parks and Recreation" star Amy Poehler has signed a deal to write her first book. According to publisher It Books, the book will be "an illustrated, non-linear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons."
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards co-host's still untitled book will be published in 2014 by Harper Collins Publishers' It Books. Poehler's editor Carrie Thornton said she was "blown away by [Poehler's] creativity and her passion."
Poehler's Golden Globes hosting partner and longtime friend Tina Fey started the current demand for books by female comedy writers with "Bossypants", which has now sold more than two million copies. Other books written by Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman and Mindy Kaling are also doing very well.
A few months ago, "Girls" creator and Golden Globe winner Lena Dunham also scored a book deal. She is set to receive $3.7 million for a collection of humorous essays.
Poehler, a former "Saturday Night Live" regular cast member from 2001 to 2009, will put "her original twist on the conventional memoir" which "will have (a) universal appeal." The book will be "a unique and engaging experience from one of today's most talented and beloved stars," assures It Books.
Besides the Golden Globes hosting stint, Poehler and Fey have also worked together in the movie "Baby Mama" in 2008 and for minor a role in the film "Mean Girls". Poehler has been consistently nominated at awards shows for both her stints on "SNL" and "Parks and Recreation".
More Amy Poehler News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal