Amy Poehler Signs Her First Book Deal
"Parks and Recreation" star Amy Poehler has signed a deal to write her first book. According to publisher It Books, the book will be "an illustrated, non-linear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons."
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards co-host's still untitled book will be published in 2014 by Harper Collins Publishers' It Books. Poehler's editor Carrie Thornton said she was "blown away by [Poehler's] creativity and her passion."
Poehler's Golden Globes hosting partner and longtime friend Tina Fey started the current demand for books by female comedy writers with "Bossypants", which has now sold more than two million copies. Other books written by Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman and Mindy Kaling are also doing very well.
A few months ago, "Girls" creator and Golden Globe winner Lena Dunham also scored a book deal. She is set to receive $3.7 million for a collection of humorous essays.
Poehler, a former "Saturday Night Live" regular cast member from 2001 to 2009, will put "her original twist on the conventional memoir" which "will have (a) universal appeal." The book will be "a unique and engaging experience from one of today's most talented and beloved stars," assures It Books.
Besides the Golden Globes hosting stint, Poehler and Fey have also worked together in the movie "Baby Mama" in 2008 and for minor a role in the film "Mean Girls". Poehler has been consistently nominated at awards shows for both her stints on "SNL" and "Parks and Recreation".
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title