Soundgarden Returns in Dave Grohl-Directed 'By Crooked Steps' Video
As if his "Sound City" efforts, directing the documentary and performing at gigs with his Sound City Players were not yet filling his crazy schedule, Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl managed to find time to assist returning rock band Soundgarden. He directs their new music video "By Crooked Steps". It is the latest track to be released off their album "King Animal".
Showcasing his usual Foo Fighters-inspired humor, Grohl cast the band as Segway-riding bikers. Frontman Chris Cornell and other band members Kim Thayll, Matt Cameron and Ben Shepherd are seen rocking the crowd in the 4-minute clip. The quintet even goes on an exhilarating car chase, eventually surrendering by the end of the storyline.
"By Crooked Steps" is the second single to be released off "King Animal", following the lead single "Been Away Too Long". "It's one of the earlier songs that we started working on, but I also felt like it, to me, is like definitely sort of a new chapter for us," Cornell said. "If you wanted to take one example of Soundgarden progressing, that's a good one for me."
Soundgarden also released a retrospective collection "Telephantasm" and a concert album "Live on I5" back in 2011, reuniting after a 13-year break. Last January 18, the band kicked off their winter North American tour in Washington D.C.
The Grohl-directed video also features DJ Deadmau5 in a cameo role.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role