Soundgarden Returns in Dave Grohl-Directed 'By Crooked Steps' Video
As if his "Sound City" efforts, directing the documentary and performing at gigs with his Sound City Players were not yet filling his crazy schedule, Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl managed to find time to assist returning rock band Soundgarden. He directs their new music video "By Crooked Steps". It is the latest track to be released off their album "King Animal".
Showcasing his usual Foo Fighters-inspired humor, Grohl cast the band as Segway-riding bikers. Frontman Chris Cornell and other band members Kim Thayll, Matt Cameron and Ben Shepherd are seen rocking the crowd in the 4-minute clip. The quintet even goes on an exhilarating car chase, eventually surrendering by the end of the storyline.
"By Crooked Steps" is the second single to be released off "King Animal", following the lead single "Been Away Too Long". "It's one of the earlier songs that we started working on, but I also felt like it, to me, is like definitely sort of a new chapter for us," Cornell said. "If you wanted to take one example of Soundgarden progressing, that's a good one for me."
Soundgarden also released a retrospective collection "Telephantasm" and a concert album "Live on I5" back in 2011, reuniting after a 13-year break. Last January 18, the band kicked off their winter North American tour in Washington D.C.
The Grohl-directed video also features DJ Deadmau5 in a cameo role.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked