Boys Noize Weighs In on Daft Punk's 'Amazing' First Album in Eight Years
Fans are sure to be thrilled over the news that electronic music duo Daft Punk is set to release their fourth album in May of this year. German DJ and producer Boys Noize excitedly proclaimed, "No one sounds like Daft Punk and I'm very, very excited to hear their new stuff." He revealed to MTV News that Daft Punk worked with "some good friends" on the "amazing" new album, saying that "it will blow minds."
After signing up with Columbia Records, the French duo of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo will end an eight-year recording drought with the release of their new album. The musical acts being eyed for the new project reportedly include Animal Collective's Panda Bear, disco icon Giorgio Moroder and Chilly Gonzales.
An unlikely collaborator is Oscar-winning songwriter Paul Williams, the subject of the 2011 documentary "Paul Williams Is Still Alive". The renowned author of The Muppets' "Rainbow Connection" first hinted at the odd collaboration last year, declining to give details but revealing, "I just think they're amazingly brilliant." He said, "The way they explore the possibilities of sound...And I'm also totally attracted to the fact that they choose to do it anonymously. I think that's fantastic."
While on recording hiatus, Daft Punk created the soundtrack to Disney's movie "Tron Legacy", released by Walt Disney Records in 2010. Before that, they released their third album "Human After All" back in 2005. The "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" spinners will reportedly not perform in any live shows this year.
More Daft Punk News
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'