'Justice League' Fate to Be Determined by 'Man of Steel' Box Office Performance
Having just named its new CEO, Warner Bros. Entertainment seems to be really careful when it comes to giving a green light to a new project. In an article about the company's new CEO Kevin Tsujihara and movie division chief Jeff Robinov, Variety highlights the studio's long-gestating "Justice League" project which apparently is in danger of not seeing the light of day unless the studio's upcoming DC film, "Man of Steel", is proven successful on box office.
Set on the order of rival movie Marvel's "The Avengers", the "JLA" project has long been developed but still hasn't found its director. Will Beall has been tapped to provide the script. In its article, Variety notes that Warners "has not been able to effectively exploit the DC library" other than Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" trilogy. Its previous DC project, "Green Lantern", was underperformed.
Learning from the history, it is likely that the fate of "JLA" will be determined by the box office performance of the studio's highly-anticipated Superman film. Variety states that "a 'Justice League' film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of 'Man of Steel', which opens June 14, before moving further ahead."
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The movie has been reported to be released around two years from now, which could put it up right against its rival "The Avengers 2". As for "Man of Steel", the Superman film will come out in theaters nationwide in June and judging from early reactions, it is most likely that the movie will score massively during this summer competition.
More Justice League News
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked