'Justice League' Fate to Be Determined by 'Man of Steel' Box Office Performance
Having just named its new CEO, Warner Bros. Entertainment seems to be really careful when it comes to giving a green light to a new project. In an article about the company's new CEO Kevin Tsujihara and movie division chief Jeff Robinov, Variety highlights the studio's long-gestating "Justice League" project which apparently is in danger of not seeing the light of day unless the studio's upcoming DC film, "Man of Steel", is proven successful on box office.
Set on the order of rival movie Marvel's "The Avengers", the "JLA" project has long been developed but still hasn't found its director. Will Beall has been tapped to provide the script. In its article, Variety notes that Warners "has not been able to effectively exploit the DC library" other than Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" trilogy. Its previous DC project, "Green Lantern", was underperformed.
Learning from the history, it is likely that the fate of "JLA" will be determined by the box office performance of the studio's highly-anticipated Superman film. Variety states that "a 'Justice League' film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of 'Man of Steel', which opens June 14, before moving further ahead."
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The movie has been reported to be released around two years from now, which could put it up right against its rival "The Avengers 2". As for "Man of Steel", the Superman film will come out in theaters nationwide in June and judging from early reactions, it is most likely that the movie will score massively during this summer competition.
More Justice League News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video