Future Settles Paternity Claims With His Baby Mama
Haitian-American rapper Future was sued last year by a woman named Jessica Smith for child support. She claims he got her pregnant back in 2001 and as the father of her now 10-year-old son, should help with the finance.
To prove or disprove the claims made by Smith, the 29-year-old Future took a DNA test which turned out positive, meaning that he was indeed the father of the boy. The 99.9% accurate test confirmed with almost absolute certainty that the kid was his.
As a result, Future not only paid for the $889 DNA test but also struck a deal with Smith, agreeing to pay $1,662 in child support per month and be legally recognized as the child's father. With this development, the case initially filed was eventually closed earlier this month.
In the process of settling the lawsuit, Future's monthly income was incidentally revealed, with court documents stating that the artist rakes in $16,516.30 a month, giving him an annual cash in of just a little below $200,000.
The Epic Records label-signed artist first debuted with the album "Pluto" which included remixes featuring the likes of hip-hop stars Drake and T.I.. He has likewise worked with A-listers Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child and most recently, Rihanna.
Future is set to release his sophomore album "Future Hendrix" this year. Enlisted as featured guests are Kanye West, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne and many others.
More Future News
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement