Future Settles Paternity Claims With His Baby Mama
Haitian-American rapper Future was sued last year by a woman named Jessica Smith for child support. She claims he got her pregnant back in 2001 and as the father of her now 10-year-old son, should help with the finance.
To prove or disprove the claims made by Smith, the 29-year-old Future took a DNA test which turned out positive, meaning that he was indeed the father of the boy. The 99.9% accurate test confirmed with almost absolute certainty that the kid was his.
As a result, Future not only paid for the $889 DNA test but also struck a deal with Smith, agreeing to pay $1,662 in child support per month and be legally recognized as the child's father. With this development, the case initially filed was eventually closed earlier this month.
In the process of settling the lawsuit, Future's monthly income was incidentally revealed, with court documents stating that the artist rakes in $16,516.30 a month, giving him an annual cash in of just a little below $200,000.
The Epic Records label-signed artist first debuted with the album "Pluto" which included remixes featuring the likes of hip-hop stars Drake and T.I.. He has likewise worked with A-listers Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child and most recently, Rihanna.
Future is set to release his sophomore album "Future Hendrix" this year. Enlisted as featured guests are Kanye West, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne and many others.
More Future News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce