Charlize Theron's 'Hatfields and McCoys' Gets Pilot Order From NBC
NBC is giving "Hatfields & McCoys" from Charlize Theron a try. The network has ordered a pilot to the modern-day adaptation of the famous family feud which is developed at ABC Studios.
The story is set in present day Pittsburgh, where "a startling death re-ignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue collar McCoys will put the Hatfields' wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city."
John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") will write the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Theron, AJ Dix, Dawn Olmstead and Beau Flynn. No actor has been announced for the potential new drama series.
The legendary Hatfields & McCoys feud was recently tackled by History channel in a miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. The show that aired in May 2012 delivered strong ratings, with an average of 13.8 million total viewers.
More Charlize Theron News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'