Charlize Theron's 'Hatfields and McCoys' Gets Pilot Order From NBC
NBC is giving "Hatfields & McCoys" from Charlize Theron a try. The network has ordered a pilot to the modern-day adaptation of the famous family feud which is developed at ABC Studios.
The story is set in present day Pittsburgh, where "a startling death re-ignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue collar McCoys will put the Hatfields' wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city."
John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") will write the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Theron, AJ Dix, Dawn Olmstead and Beau Flynn. No actor has been announced for the potential new drama series.
The legendary Hatfields & McCoys feud was recently tackled by History channel in a miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. The show that aired in May 2012 delivered strong ratings, with an average of 13.8 million total viewers.
More Charlize Theron News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says