Charlize Theron's 'Hatfields and McCoys' Gets Pilot Order From NBC
NBC is giving "Hatfields & McCoys" from Charlize Theron a try. The network has ordered a pilot to the modern-day adaptation of the famous family feud which is developed at ABC Studios.
The story is set in present day Pittsburgh, where "a startling death re-ignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue collar McCoys will put the Hatfields' wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city."
John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") will write the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Theron, AJ Dix, Dawn Olmstead and Beau Flynn. No actor has been announced for the potential new drama series.
The legendary Hatfields & McCoys feud was recently tackled by History channel in a miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. The show that aired in May 2012 delivered strong ratings, with an average of 13.8 million total viewers.
More Charlize Theron News
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Originally Features Jyn Erso's Mother as Jedi Knight