Charlize Theron's 'Hatfields and McCoys' Gets Pilot Order From NBC
NBC is giving "Hatfields & McCoys" from Charlize Theron a try. The network has ordered a pilot to the modern-day adaptation of the famous family feud which is developed at ABC Studios.
The story is set in present day Pittsburgh, where "a startling death re-ignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue collar McCoys will put the Hatfields' wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city."
John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") will write the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Theron, AJ Dix, Dawn Olmstead and Beau Flynn. No actor has been announced for the potential new drama series.
The legendary Hatfields & McCoys feud was recently tackled by History channel in a miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. The show that aired in May 2012 delivered strong ratings, with an average of 13.8 million total viewers.
More Charlize Theron News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival