Charlize Theron's 'Hatfields and McCoys' Gets Pilot Order From NBC
NBC is giving "Hatfields & McCoys" from Charlize Theron a try. The network has ordered a pilot to the modern-day adaptation of the famous family feud which is developed at ABC Studios.
The story is set in present day Pittsburgh, where "a startling death re-ignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue collar McCoys will put the Hatfields' wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city."
John Glenn ("Eagle Eye") will write the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Theron, AJ Dix, Dawn Olmstead and Beau Flynn. No actor has been announced for the potential new drama series.
The legendary Hatfields & McCoys feud was recently tackled by History channel in a miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. The show that aired in May 2012 delivered strong ratings, with an average of 13.8 million total viewers.
More Charlize Theron News
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video