Six Movies Confirm Their Trailers to Air During Super Bowl XLVII
Which movies will drop their trailers during the Super Bowl XLVII telecast this Sunday, February 3? Words are, there will be at least six major studio films that will unveil their promos on the highly-anticipated CBS airing. One of them is a much-awaited movie which will reveal its very first sneak peek.
According to Deadline, Walt Disney, Universal and Paramount Pictures have all booked the $4 million ad space from CBS to promote their upcoming releases. Disney will boast a 63-second preview of "Oz: The Great and Powerful", a 60-second spot for "Iron Man 3", and a 90-second spot for "The Lone Ranger" during the big NFL game.
Universal keeps its Super Bowl ads under wraps, but it is reported that the studio will drop the first ever screening of a 30-second footage of "Fast and Furious 6". Vin Diesel fueled the report by writing about it on Facebook a few weeks ago.
As for Paramount, the studio will be running a 30-second spot for "World War Z", a zombie apocalyptic movie starring Brad Pitt, during the pre-game. For the big part, the studio will unleash another 30-second sneak peek at J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Trek Into Darkness". Paramount will also use the Super Bowl as a platform to launch its new app for the Star Trek flick.
This year, Warner Bros. Pictures, The Weinstein Company, Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox decide not to buy ad spots on CBS to promote their upcoming films. Lionsgate Films also doesn't book a spot despite the fact that it has "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" set for a Stateside release later this year.
Last year's Super Bowl telecast broke record by scoring 111.3 million viewers. This year, CBS raises the price for a 30-second spot to $4 million while NBC charged for $3.5 million last year.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?