Six Movies Confirm Their Trailers to Air During Super Bowl XLVII
Which movies will drop their trailers during the Super Bowl XLVII telecast this Sunday, February 3? Words are, there will be at least six major studio films that will unveil their promos on the highly-anticipated CBS airing. One of them is a much-awaited movie which will reveal its very first sneak peek.
According to Deadline, Walt Disney, Universal and Paramount Pictures have all booked the $4 million ad space from CBS to promote their upcoming releases. Disney will boast a 63-second preview of "Oz: The Great and Powerful", a 60-second spot for "Iron Man 3", and a 90-second spot for "The Lone Ranger" during the big NFL game.
Universal keeps its Super Bowl ads under wraps, but it is reported that the studio will drop the first ever screening of a 30-second footage of "Fast and Furious 6". Vin Diesel fueled the report by writing about it on Facebook a few weeks ago.
As for Paramount, the studio will be running a 30-second spot for "World War Z", a zombie apocalyptic movie starring Brad Pitt, during the pre-game. For the big part, the studio will unleash another 30-second sneak peek at J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Trek Into Darkness". Paramount will also use the Super Bowl as a platform to launch its new app for the Star Trek flick.
This year, Warner Bros. Pictures, The Weinstein Company, Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox decide not to buy ad spots on CBS to promote their upcoming films. Lionsgate Films also doesn't book a spot despite the fact that it has "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" set for a Stateside release later this year.
Last year's Super Bowl telecast broke record by scoring 111.3 million viewers. This year, CBS raises the price for a 30-second spot to $4 million while NBC charged for $3.5 million last year.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic