Taye Diggs Chased Down Home Intruder After Returning From SAG Awards
Taye Diggs had an uninvited guest when arriving home after attending Screen Actors Guild Awards Sunday night, January 27 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The actor found the intruder rummaging through their garage shortly after 11 P.M.
After caught red-handed "looking for items to steal" at Taye's outside Studio City, California home, the man identified as 20-year-old Hassan Juma tried to run. The "Private Practice" actor chased him down and held him until authorities came.
There was also a getaway driver, but he managed to flee the scene before police arrived. Hassan was charged with burglary and taken into jail on $50,000 bail pending a court date. Taye himself was uninjured in the incident.
Taye, 42, came to the SAG Awards with his actress wife Idina Menzel. He took the stage with "Cougar Town" star Busy Philipps to present this year's winner for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series.
The award went to Claire Danes for her role on "Homeland". She beat Michelle Dockery ("Downton Abbey"), Jessica Lange ("American Horror Story"), Maggie Smith ("Downton Abbey") and Julianna Margulies ("The Good Wife").
Before coming home, Taye took time to enjoy a post-award party that he gushed about on Twitter. "Dee felt bloated, but I had a blast. My favorite part is the dance party afterwards. Dj Paesche kills it and everyone's on the dance floor," he wrote.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist