Chris Brown and Frank Ocean Brawl Won't Impact Grammys
Chris Brown and Frank Ocean feud won't affect the scheduled performances for the 2013 Grammy Awards. It was confirmed by a source from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) who stages the annual Grammy Awards, and another at CBS who will handle the ceremony's telecast on February 10 from Los Angeles.
Although neither of the two Grammy nominees is confirmed to perform, Brown's lover Rihanna has been announced as part of the lineup of performers and any chance of a possible duet by the recently-reunited couple might have gone out due to Brown's latest controversy.
Brown may face assault charges for allegedly assaulting a man in a West Hollywood parking lot, resulting in a six-man brawl that also involved Ocean. The altercation was reportedly over a parking space, which led Brown to punch his victim whose identity has yet to be revealed.
Ocean confirmed reports of his involvement in the brawl by tweeting, "got jumped by (Brown) and a couple guys," which left him with a cut finger. It ruins any chance of an Ocean performance in the Grammys after the singer said the cut finger would affect his ability to perform at his best onstage.
The brawl is the latest addition in the growing list of violence-related scandals figured in by Brown. He attacked Rihanna on the eve of the Grammy Awards back in 2009 and got injured in a brawl with hip-hop star Drake's entourage at a New York club last year.
Rihanna joins other confirmed Grammy performer Taylor Swift, Jack White, Fun., The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, Dierks Bentley & Miranda Lambert, with Ed Sheeran and Elton John set to do a special duet performance.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies