Hospitalized Barbara Walters Has Chicken Pox
Barbara Walters' good friends gave another update on her condition on "The View". Host Whoopi Goldberg said, "You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood."
The "Sister Act" actress continued, "Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching," before jokingly adding, "We love you. We miss you. We just don't want to hug you."
Joy Behar offered her lighthearted explanation on how the ABC News anchor could has the illness, "This is what you get for interviewing Honey Boo Boo... I'm really sorry I blamed it on Grey Goose vodka the other day." Elisabeth Hasselbeck quipped, "We're so glad you're not pregnant."
Barbara fell in the house of Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the United States, while on duty to cover an event held as part of Obama's pre-inaugural celebration in Washington, D.C. She went to hospital "out of an abundance of caution" to have her cut tended, to have a full examination and remains there for observation.
"She missed a step and had a fall, which cut her upper temple. The doctors stitched her up, and she is doing fine, but they want her to take it easy," Whoopi explained. The 83-year-old TV presenter later released a statement read by Whoopi on "The View" to thank fans for their outpouring support.
"First and foremost, I want to thank all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me. I am most appreciative," she said back then. "I'm running a low grade fever and the doctors are keeping me in the hospital until my temperature is normal. I'm pleased to say that it is going in the right direction and I will be home soon."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger