Hospitalized Barbara Walters Has Chicken Pox
Barbara Walters' good friends gave another update on her condition on "The View". Host Whoopi Goldberg said, "You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood."
The "Sister Act" actress continued, "Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching," before jokingly adding, "We love you. We miss you. We just don't want to hug you."
Joy Behar offered her lighthearted explanation on how the ABC News anchor could has the illness, "This is what you get for interviewing Honey Boo Boo... I'm really sorry I blamed it on Grey Goose vodka the other day." Elisabeth Hasselbeck quipped, "We're so glad you're not pregnant."
Barbara fell in the house of Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the United States, while on duty to cover an event held as part of Obama's pre-inaugural celebration in Washington, D.C. She went to hospital "out of an abundance of caution" to have her cut tended, to have a full examination and remains there for observation.
"She missed a step and had a fall, which cut her upper temple. The doctors stitched her up, and she is doing fine, but they want her to take it easy," Whoopi explained. The 83-year-old TV presenter later released a statement read by Whoopi on "The View" to thank fans for their outpouring support.
"First and foremost, I want to thank all the people who have called, written and been concerned about me. I am most appreciative," she said back then. "I'm running a low grade fever and the doctors are keeping me in the hospital until my temperature is normal. I'm pleased to say that it is going in the right direction and I will be home soon."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story