'Boy Meets World' Sequel Finds Cory and Topanga's Daughter in 'Spy Kids 4' Star
"Boy Meets World" sequel, "Girl Meets World", has cast Cory and Topanga's daughter. Rowan Blanchard is tapped to tackle the role of Riley Matthews on the follow-up to the 1990s TV series. The eleven-year-old girl has previously starred in "The Back-Up Plan" and "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World".
"As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews," Michael Jacobs, executive producer of the "Girl Meets World" pilot, tells Entertainment Weekly. "Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well."
In the Disney Channel project, Cory and Topanga are happily married and have a 13-year-old daughter named Riley. The show will tell the story from Riley's point of view. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are set to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga respectively.
Filming for the "Girl Meets World" pilot is scheduled to begin in February.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal