'Boy Meets World' Sequel Finds Cory and Topanga's Daughter in 'Spy Kids 4' Star
"Boy Meets World" sequel, "Girl Meets World", has cast Cory and Topanga's daughter. Rowan Blanchard is tapped to tackle the role of Riley Matthews on the follow-up to the 1990s TV series. The eleven-year-old girl has previously starred in "The Back-Up Plan" and "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World".
"As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews," Michael Jacobs, executive producer of the "Girl Meets World" pilot, tells Entertainment Weekly. "Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well."
In the Disney Channel project, Cory and Topanga are happily married and have a 13-year-old daughter named Riley. The show will tell the story from Riley's point of view. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are set to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga respectively.
Filming for the "Girl Meets World" pilot is scheduled to begin in February.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift