'Boy Meets World' Sequel Finds Cory and Topanga's Daughter in 'Spy Kids 4' Star
"Boy Meets World" sequel, "Girl Meets World", has cast Cory and Topanga's daughter. Rowan Blanchard is tapped to tackle the role of Riley Matthews on the follow-up to the 1990s TV series. The eleven-year-old girl has previously starred in "The Back-Up Plan" and "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World".
"As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews," Michael Jacobs, executive producer of the "Girl Meets World" pilot, tells Entertainment Weekly. "Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well."
In the Disney Channel project, Cory and Topanga are happily married and have a 13-year-old daughter named Riley. The show will tell the story from Riley's point of view. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are set to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga respectively.
Filming for the "Girl Meets World" pilot is scheduled to begin in February.
More Girl Meets World News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off