'Boy Meets World' Sequel Finds Cory and Topanga's Daughter in 'Spy Kids 4' Star
"Boy Meets World" sequel, "Girl Meets World", has cast Cory and Topanga's daughter. Rowan Blanchard is tapped to tackle the role of Riley Matthews on the follow-up to the 1990s TV series. The eleven-year-old girl has previously starred in "The Back-Up Plan" and "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World".
"As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews," Michael Jacobs, executive producer of the "Girl Meets World" pilot, tells Entertainment Weekly. "Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well."
In the Disney Channel project, Cory and Topanga are happily married and have a 13-year-old daughter named Riley. The show will tell the story from Riley's point of view. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are set to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga respectively.
Filming for the "Girl Meets World" pilot is scheduled to begin in February.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny