Paul Giamatti Could Be The Rhino in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Another supervillain will likely be added to "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". After Jamie Foxx is confirmed as Electro, it is now said that Paul Giamatti is in talks to star as The Rhino. The villainous character is described as "famously one of Spider-Man's dimmest villains."
The Hollywood Reporter shares that Giamatti is courted to join "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel along with Felicity Jones. However, it is unclear what role Jones is poised to tackle.
For Giamatti, playing The Rhino has always been his dream. "I thought Rhino was the greatest thing when I was a little kid," he once told ShowbizSpy. "It was a guy who was basically in the rhinoceros outfit, and I always thought, 'Why don't they have The Rhino in one of their movies'."
He went, "But maybe The Rhino wasn't that big of a deal for anybody but me... If they ever go with The Rhino, I would be ready and waiting." In another interview with Conan O'Brien, he gushed about the character, "The Rhino was fantastic. He was, like, a Russian guy. He was real fast, and he hit stuff real hard."
Rhino, who first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #41 (October 1966), is a supervillain from a Soviet Bloc country. He donned a superhuman getup that made him invulnerable and gave him superstrength and superspeed. The suit also had a deadly horn on its top.
Giamatti and Jones are set to join Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who will return as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy respectively. Dane DeHaan and Shailene Woodley are also lining up in the cast ensemble, starring as Harry Osborn and Mary Jane Watson respectively.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image