Paul Giamatti Could Be The Rhino in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Another supervillain will likely be added to "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". After Jamie Foxx is confirmed as Electro, it is now said that Paul Giamatti is in talks to star as The Rhino. The villainous character is described as "famously one of Spider-Man's dimmest villains."
The Hollywood Reporter shares that Giamatti is courted to join "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel along with Felicity Jones. However, it is unclear what role Jones is poised to tackle.
For Giamatti, playing The Rhino has always been his dream. "I thought Rhino was the greatest thing when I was a little kid," he once told ShowbizSpy. "It was a guy who was basically in the rhinoceros outfit, and I always thought, 'Why don't they have The Rhino in one of their movies'."
He went, "But maybe The Rhino wasn't that big of a deal for anybody but me... If they ever go with The Rhino, I would be ready and waiting." In another interview with Conan O'Brien, he gushed about the character, "The Rhino was fantastic. He was, like, a Russian guy. He was real fast, and he hit stuff real hard."
Rhino, who first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #41 (October 1966), is a supervillain from a Soviet Bloc country. He donned a superhuman getup that made him invulnerable and gave him superstrength and superspeed. The suit also had a deadly horn on its top.
Giamatti and Jones are set to join Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who will return as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy respectively. Dane DeHaan and Shailene Woodley are also lining up in the cast ensemble, starring as Harry Osborn and Mary Jane Watson respectively.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival