Michelle Williams Denies Destiny's Child Reunion at Super Bowl
Stating that she's going to star in the new musical "Fela!", Michelle Williams (II) said the reported Destiny's Child onstage reunion at the Super Bowl halftime show was practically next to impossible. It has been three weeks already since reports that Williams and Kelly Rowland are going to join Beyonce Knowles in her Super Bowl halftime show on February 3 in New Orleans came out.
In an interview on a radio station during a recent event, Williams denied the trio would be performing together at the much-awaited Super Bowl weekend event. "That's not confirmed. It is rumored. I'm going to be in the musical Fela. I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it's not true."
Williams' denial comes as a shock since earlier reports have even revealed the trio's setlist for the event, which supposedly includes their new track "Nuclear", the girls' first recording since their 2004 album "Destiny Fulfilled". Their purported forthcoming Super Bowl set is highly anticipated since it has been years since their rendition of the U.S. national anthem "The Star Spangled Banner" at the NBA All-Star Game back in 2006.
Interestingly though, Williams, who's fronting the "Fela!" world tour, is not scheduled to appear in the musical from Thursday through Sunday, the period wherein Super Bowl takes place. However, if the Destiny's Child performance is indeed untrue, then all eyes will be on Beyonce, more so after her lip-syncing controversy at President Obama's inauguration ceremony last week.
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters