Michelle Williams Denies Destiny's Child Reunion at Super Bowl
Stating that she's going to star in the new musical "Fela!", Michelle Williams (II) said the reported Destiny's Child onstage reunion at the Super Bowl halftime show was practically next to impossible. It has been three weeks already since reports that Williams and Kelly Rowland are going to join Beyonce Knowles in her Super Bowl halftime show on February 3 in New Orleans came out.
In an interview on a radio station during a recent event, Williams denied the trio would be performing together at the much-awaited Super Bowl weekend event. "That's not confirmed. It is rumored. I'm going to be in the musical Fela. I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it's not true."
Williams' denial comes as a shock since earlier reports have even revealed the trio's setlist for the event, which supposedly includes their new track "Nuclear", the girls' first recording since their 2004 album "Destiny Fulfilled". Their purported forthcoming Super Bowl set is highly anticipated since it has been years since their rendition of the U.S. national anthem "The Star Spangled Banner" at the NBA All-Star Game back in 2006.
Interestingly though, Williams, who's fronting the "Fela!" world tour, is not scheduled to appear in the musical from Thursday through Sunday, the period wherein Super Bowl takes place. However, if the Destiny's Child performance is indeed untrue, then all eyes will be on Beyonce, more so after her lip-syncing controversy at President Obama's inauguration ceremony last week.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says