Adam Lambert Donates 31st Birthday to Charity
"American Idol" season eight runner-up Adam Lambert is using his upcoming birthday for a special cause. The singer has donated his 31st birthday to the We Are Family Foundation, calling on his fans to give $31 to the organization that promotes cultural diversity worldwide.
"The We Are Family Foundation is humbled and excited to share Adam Lambert's 31st birthday on January 29th with everyone," so the organization states in its site. "Adam has graciously donated his birthday to us this year."
In exchange for the donation, WAFF will send donors the instructions on how they could record a 10-second birthday greeting for the "Idol" runner-up. Those who could not donate $31 can still give a lesser amount to the foundation on Lambert's behalf, for which they will be able to wish him a "Happy Birthday" by signing the "world's biggest" birthday card. According to the foundation, donations have already reached $16,000 as of Sunday night.
For his support of the WAFF, Lambert will receive the Unity Award on Thursday at the We Are Family 2012 Celebration Gala. To be held at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, the affair will be hosted by actress Rosie Perez and New York-based novelist and cultural critic Toure.
Lambert is set to perform with Nile Rodgers. Singer Taylor Dayne, hip-hop musician Grandmaster Melle Mel, former child actor Sam Sparrow, Canadian comedian Russell Peters and singer Kathy Sledge are also set to appear.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie