Adam Lambert Donates 31st Birthday to Charity
"American Idol" season eight runner-up Adam Lambert is using his upcoming birthday for a special cause. The singer has donated his 31st birthday to the We Are Family Foundation, calling on his fans to give $31 to the organization that promotes cultural diversity worldwide.
"The We Are Family Foundation is humbled and excited to share Adam Lambert's 31st birthday on January 29th with everyone," so the organization states in its site. "Adam has graciously donated his birthday to us this year."
In exchange for the donation, WAFF will send donors the instructions on how they could record a 10-second birthday greeting for the "Idol" runner-up. Those who could not donate $31 can still give a lesser amount to the foundation on Lambert's behalf, for which they will be able to wish him a "Happy Birthday" by signing the "world's biggest" birthday card. According to the foundation, donations have already reached $16,000 as of Sunday night.
For his support of the WAFF, Lambert will receive the Unity Award on Thursday at the We Are Family 2012 Celebration Gala. To be held at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, the affair will be hosted by actress Rosie Perez and New York-based novelist and cultural critic Toure.
Lambert is set to perform with Nile Rodgers. Singer Taylor Dayne, hip-hop musician Grandmaster Melle Mel, former child actor Sam Sparrow, Canadian comedian Russell Peters and singer Kathy Sledge are also set to appear.
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon