Jennifer Lawrence's Alleged Wardrobe Malfunction at SAG Awards Explained
A major wardrobe malfunction at a big event always becomes big news and that was the case when Jennifer Lawrence attended the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards. Walking up to the stage to accept her trophy for Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role, the young star was believed to be ripping off her long Christian Dior gown.
At a quick glance, the Katniss Everdeen of "The Hunger Games" seemed to be splitting her blue dress in two. However, a close examination revealed that the 22-year-old movie beauty didn't tear her dress. Instead, she exposed the sheer lining between the top and lower parts of her gown.
Lawrence's dress had a sheer lining but it was hidden so people couldn't tell it was a tiered number. When she walked on the stairs, she pulled up on the top part of the dress and revealed the sheer lining. Once she arrived on the stage, the "Winter's Bone" star only needed to tidy up her frock and she was able to deliver her acceptance speech without worrying any gaffe.
Lawrence won her first SAG Award that night through her role in "Silver Linings Playbook". The romantic comedy movie also earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy earlier this year.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West