Jennifer Lawrence's Alleged Wardrobe Malfunction at SAG Awards Explained
A major wardrobe malfunction at a big event always becomes big news and that was the case when Jennifer Lawrence attended the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards. Walking up to the stage to accept her trophy for Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role, the young star was believed to be ripping off her long Christian Dior gown.
At a quick glance, the Katniss Everdeen of "The Hunger Games" seemed to be splitting her blue dress in two. However, a close examination revealed that the 22-year-old movie beauty didn't tear her dress. Instead, she exposed the sheer lining between the top and lower parts of her gown.
Lawrence's dress had a sheer lining but it was hidden so people couldn't tell it was a tiered number. When she walked on the stairs, she pulled up on the top part of the dress and revealed the sheer lining. Once she arrived on the stage, the "Winter's Bone" star only needed to tidy up her frock and she was able to deliver her acceptance speech without worrying any gaffe.
Lawrence won her first SAG Award that night through her role in "Silver Linings Playbook". The romantic comedy movie also earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy earlier this year.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard