Shakira Leaves Hospital After Giving Birth Reportedly Through C-Section
After giving birth around five days ago, new parents Shakira and Gerard Pique were spotted on Sunday, January 27 leaving the Barcelona hospital where the Colombian singer/dancer gave birth to their son. Named Milan, the newborn baby is Shakira's first son with her fiance, Spanish soccer superstar Pique.
The new parents were snapped by photographers inside their car, flashing big smiles as they rode off to their home where they would take their bouncing baby boy. Milan wasn't seen in the arms of his happy parents, but perhaps was being in the care of nurses or was being transported in a separate car.
Shakira's parents, William Mebarak and Nidia Ripoll, paid a visit at the hospital a couple of days after the singer gave birth. Nidia told reporters waiting outside that her daughter "become very emotional and the tears flowed" when she welcomed the little boy into the world, reportedly via Caesarian section.
New father Pique has kept his FC Barcelona fans updated about his baby boy, even tweeting a photo of Milan's first football trainers complete with his name stitched on the side, unofficially becoming an FC Barcelona member at birth.
Shakira, a new coach on "The Voice", tweeted fans about her baby's birth and also posted a statement on her website. "The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification," explained the artist about the meaning of her son's name.
More Shakira News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen