Meek Mill Premieres New Video 'Dreams and Nightmares'
Hip-hop recording artist Meek Mill drops the clip to his first single "Dreams and Nightmares" off his debut album of the same name which debuted at no. 2 in the Billboard 200 chart. The debut album was released by the Miami-based artist in 2012 after joining the Rick Ross-led Maybach Music Group in 2011 following a brief stint with Atlanta rapper T.I.'s label Grand Hustle Records.
The three-and-a-half-minute clip starts off showing Mill inside the back of what seems to be a prison van, rhyming about his newly found fame and wealth with lines embellished with expensive car brands like Ferrari and Rolls Royce, and dropping the name of Mariah Carey in the same verse. Mill, who appeared in Carey's 2012 single "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", says, "I got my eyes on him. He's the next one to take this sh*t over."
Mill also pays homage to Maybach Music Group and its big boss Ross. "Double M, yeah that's my team, Rozay the captain, I'm the lieutenant," says the rapper. The Bawse signed Mill and his fellow rapper Wale to his label back in February 2011, after a three-year contract under Grand Hustle Records where Mill failed to release an album following T.I.'s legal woes.
Following a party in Philadelphia celebrating the release of his "Dreams and Nightmares" album, Mill was pulled over and detained by police. No charges were filed and he was released from custody soon after. Last October, he formed his own record label, Dream Chasers Records.
Meek Mill's "Dreams and Nightmares" Music Video
More Meek Mill News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby