Norah Jones to Perform 'Ted' Theme Song at the 2013 Oscars
Grammy Award-winner Norah Jones will perform "Everybody Needs a Best Friend", the theme from the motion picture "Ted", at this year's Oscars, her first time at the annual academy awards ceremony. The song, written by "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane with music by Walter Murphy, is nominated for Best Original Song.
Oscar telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron made the exciting announcement, "We are happy to have Norah Jones perform Seth's and Walter Murphy's nominated song on our Oscar telecast. We are big admirers of Norah's singing and she will help celebrate the unique circumstance of having an Oscar host who is also nominated for Best Original Song." MacFarlane, a multi-talented artist - writer, comedian, voice actor, producer, director and singer - will host this year's Oscars ceremony.
"I had such a great time recording this song with Seth, and was thrilled to find out that it was nominated for an Oscar," Jones beamed. "Getting to perform it at such a prestigious event, which my friend is hosting, is a once in a lifetime opportunity." MacFarlane is hosting the 85th annual Academy Awards, his first time to take on the hosting chore so skillfully handled in the past by the likes of Billy Crystal.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will hand out the Oscar statuettes for outstanding achievements in film on February 24 from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. It will air live on ABC and will be telecast in more than 225 countries to millions of viewers.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern