Norah Jones to Perform 'Ted' Theme Song at the 2013 Oscars
Grammy Award-winner Norah Jones will perform "Everybody Needs a Best Friend", the theme from the motion picture "Ted", at this year's Oscars, her first time at the annual academy awards ceremony. The song, written by "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane with music by Walter Murphy, is nominated for Best Original Song.
Oscar telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron made the exciting announcement, "We are happy to have Norah Jones perform Seth's and Walter Murphy's nominated song on our Oscar telecast. We are big admirers of Norah's singing and she will help celebrate the unique circumstance of having an Oscar host who is also nominated for Best Original Song." MacFarlane, a multi-talented artist - writer, comedian, voice actor, producer, director and singer - will host this year's Oscars ceremony.
"I had such a great time recording this song with Seth, and was thrilled to find out that it was nominated for an Oscar," Jones beamed. "Getting to perform it at such a prestigious event, which my friend is hosting, is a once in a lifetime opportunity." MacFarlane is hosting the 85th annual Academy Awards, his first time to take on the hosting chore so skillfully handled in the past by the likes of Billy Crystal.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will hand out the Oscar statuettes for outstanding achievements in film on February 24 from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. It will air live on ABC and will be telecast in more than 225 countries to millions of viewers.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama