Videos: Taylor Swift and One Direction Perform at NRJ Awards
On the night Taylor Swift sang her break-up hit single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", her ex-beau Harry Styles took the same stage with his boyband One Direction. Both acts were part of the lineup for the January 26 NRJ Music Awards at the Palais des Festivals.
Wearing a black ensemble complete with knee-high boots, the 23-year-old pop/country superstar looked a bit awkward to watch, not because her ex-boyfriend was in the same building, but because she was doing some dance choreography, unfamiliar territory to the usually guitar-clasping singer. All in all, she managed to pull off the performance, even inserting a few French words into the song's interlude.
On his part, Styles was a bit more confident-looking, especially when he spoke for the group when they took the trophy for Best International Group or Duo of the Year Award, the biggest honor of the night. They beat out Coldplay, Carly Rae Jepsen, Owl City and Maroon 5. Styles gave the acceptance speech, "I have to say massive thank you to our French fans. We wouldn't be here without you. Our French record label [is] absolutely amazing. We don't speak French," he said, giggling. "Obviously, we weren't born here. To be welcomed in this country is amazing, so thank you so much."
One Direction changed from their dark red carpet attires into a more colorful and casual get-up for their live, high-energy performance of "Kiss You". As the boys frolicked all around the stage when they sang their recently-released track, a few enormously large air balls were thrown around above the heads of the screaming fans.
Taylor Swift performs "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" at NRJ Awards:
One Direction performs "Kiss You" at NRJ Awards:
More Taylor Swift News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny