SAG Awards 2013: 'Argo' and 'Lincoln' Are Biggest Winners in Movie
Winners in movie categories at the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards have officially been revealed. Claiming the coveted Outstanding Performance by a Cast award was Ben Affleck's critics' darling Iran hostage drama "Argo". Jude Law presented the Ensemble award to Affleck, who gushed, "I can't believe I'm standing in the place Daniel Day-Lewis just was."
Right before Affleck came on stage to pick up his prize, Day-Lewis was hailed as the Outstanding Male Actor in a Leading Role thanks to his titular role in "Lincoln". Receiving his gong from Viola Davis, the actor explained his motto "first do no harm," before adding, "Then it occurred to me that it was an actor that murdered Abraham Lincoln... Everything flowed from Steven Spielberg."
"Lincoln" also brought Tommy Lee Jones in winning the Male Supporting Role gong. On the other hand, the Female Supporting Role title was claimed by Anne Hathaway for her portrayal of Fantine in "Les Miserables". After taking her trophy from Justin Timberlake, Hathaway recalled the first time she got her SAG card at 14, "I'm just so thrilled I have dental."
Another winner was "Silver Linings Playbook" actress Jennifer Lawrence, who bagged the Female Leading Role prize. Robert De Niro handed out the trophy for Lawrence, who then thanked MTV and recalled that she got her SAG card for a promo for "My Super Sweet 16." She also thanked David O. Russell and Bradley Cooper, as well as jokingly called Harvey Weinstein "a rascal."
The 19th annual SAG Awards was held at The Shrine in Los Angeles on Sunday night, January 27. Apart from movie winners, the awards show also announced its winners in TV that included "Downton Abbey" (Ensemble in a Drama Series), and "Modern Family" (Ensemble in a Comedy Series).
SAG Awards Winners in Movie:
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: "Argo"
- Outstanding Male Actor in a Leading Role: Daniel Day-Lewis - "Lincoln"
- Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role: Jennifer Lawrence - "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Outstanding Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Tommy Lee Jones - "Lincoln"
- Outstanding Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Anne Hathaway - "Les Miserables"
- Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture: "Skyfall"
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video