The Lonely Island, Adam Levine and Kendrick Lamar Drop 'YOLO' Video
The Lonely Island boys - Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone - joined by Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine and rapper Kendrick Lamar premiered their digital short "YOLO" in the January 26 episode of the hit variety show "Saturday Night Live" on NBC. The three-minute plus music video is about living carefully in a world filled with hazards.
"YOLO", an acronym for "You Only Live Once", advised listeners not to be "too crazy" since life is a "precious gift" right of the bat from comedian Samberg, followed by Levine who sang, "Don't trust anyone, cause you only live once." The song warned everyday dangers of losing your hearing in loud clubs, taking drugs, the risk of putting money in the bank, of traveling, even going to saunas, and taking the stairs. The humorous hook even talks about cooking meat until it's done " 'cause you only live once."
Samberg, Schaffer and Taccone performed like they were real professional music acts and not comedians, as they rapped about staying away from kids "cause their hair is filled with mad lice," as well as about plugging into sockets and wearing a "tight" chastity belt. The hilarious trio sounded paranoid when they tackled a spying mailman, pajamas and furniture, and even the sun being bad for health.
Lamar uncharacteristically counseled viewers about investing, getting real estate, and of course, saving for retirement. Stand-up comedian Danny McBride put the icing on the cake by making a surprise appearance towards the end of the clip.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?