The Lonely Island, Adam Levine and Kendrick Lamar Drop 'YOLO' Video
The Lonely Island boys - Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone - joined by Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine and rapper Kendrick Lamar premiered their digital short "YOLO" in the January 26 episode of the hit variety show "Saturday Night Live" on NBC. The three-minute plus music video is about living carefully in a world filled with hazards.
"YOLO", an acronym for "You Only Live Once", advised listeners not to be "too crazy" since life is a "precious gift" right of the bat from comedian Samberg, followed by Levine who sang, "Don't trust anyone, cause you only live once." The song warned everyday dangers of losing your hearing in loud clubs, taking drugs, the risk of putting money in the bank, of traveling, even going to saunas, and taking the stairs. The humorous hook even talks about cooking meat until it's done " 'cause you only live once."
Samberg, Schaffer and Taccone performed like they were real professional music acts and not comedians, as they rapped about staying away from kids "cause their hair is filled with mad lice," as well as about plugging into sockets and wearing a "tight" chastity belt. The hilarious trio sounded paranoid when they tackled a spying mailman, pajamas and furniture, and even the sun being bad for health.
Lamar uncharacteristically counseled viewers about investing, getting real estate, and of course, saving for retirement. Stand-up comedian Danny McBride put the icing on the cake by making a surprise appearance towards the end of the clip.
The Lonely Island's "YOLO" Music Video Feat. Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3