Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore to Return to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Ellen Page, Anna Paquin and Shawn Ashmore are announced by director Bryan Singer to return to the upcoming "X-Men" movie, "X-Men: Days of Future Past", he's tapped to helm. They will reprise their roles as Rogue, Kitty Pryde and Iceman respectively.
Singer announced the casting on his Twitter by thanking director Brett Ratner for letting the characters played by the three actors to be kept alive so they can make a return. "Very excited to welcome #annapaquin, @ellenpage & @shawnrashmore to #XMen #DaysofFuturePast - thank you @BrettRatner for letting them live!" so he wrote.
Paquin and Ashmore have all appeared in three "X-Men" movies, while Page didn't join the franchise until 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand" which was directed by Rattner. Joining them to join the "X-Men" crew in the upcoming movie are the likes of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Patrick Stewart as Professor X and Ian McKellen as Magneto.
Based on the comic book storyline, "Days of Future Past" which ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son