Stevie Wonder to Headline Outdoor Concert in New Orleans on the Eve of Super Bowl
Stevie Wonder is tapped to help kick off Super Bowl weekend with a live concert in New Orleans. The iconic singer will headline the gig taking place in an outdoor venue near the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel on February 2, the day before the game takes place at the Superdome.
The 1989 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee will be joined at the Bud Light-sponsored gig by many stars including Gary Clark Jr., who is coincidentally set to perform at the Hall of Fame ceremony later this year with John Mayer to pay tribute to Albert King.
Elsewhere in the pre-Super Bowl event, Justin Timberlake will return to the stage for the first time in four years during a private DirecTV "Super Saturday Night" concert. It's held after "Celebrity Beach Bowl" which has Pitbull as a performer and Snoop Dogg & Neil Patrick Harris as participants.
The next day, Alicia Keys will open the Super Bowl XLVII at the Superdome before the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens showdown. She will deliver the national anthem, while Beyonce Knowles will later headline the halftime show.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene