Morrisey Postpones Tour Dates After Hospitalized for 'Suspected Bladder Infection'
Morrisey is forced to put on hold his concert dates over the weekend because he was not feeling well. The former singer of The Smiths was taken into the William Beaumont hospital in the suburb of Royal Oak, Michigan on Friday, January 25.
The British singer previously canceled his Thursday gig in Flint, Michigan, citing an unspecified illness in the band as the reason of the cancellation. A representative for the 53-year-old British rocker now explains that "he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection."
The Friday show in Minneapolis and a gig set for Saturday night in Chicago have been postponed to give Morrisey time to recuperate. He's scheduled to perform in a sold-out concert Monday in Asheville, North Carolina, but it's unclear if he will be well enough to get on stage.
Last year, Morrisey also halted his tour due to his mother's ailment. He rescheduled his concert in Flint in October to be in the hospital with his ailing mother.
Morrisey is not the only star battling illnesses in the States. Actor Burt Reynolds was staying in intensive care due to severe flu, and Barry Manilow was fighting a bout of bronchitis that resulted in the delay of the opening night of his "Manilow on Broadway".
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video