Morrisey Postpones Tour Dates After Hospitalized for 'Suspected Bladder Infection'
Morrisey is forced to put on hold his concert dates over the weekend because he was not feeling well. The former singer of The Smiths was taken into the William Beaumont hospital in the suburb of Royal Oak, Michigan on Friday, January 25.
The British singer previously canceled his Thursday gig in Flint, Michigan, citing an unspecified illness in the band as the reason of the cancellation. A representative for the 53-year-old British rocker now explains that "he is undergoing tests for a suspected bladder infection."
The Friday show in Minneapolis and a gig set for Saturday night in Chicago have been postponed to give Morrisey time to recuperate. He's scheduled to perform in a sold-out concert Monday in Asheville, North Carolina, but it's unclear if he will be well enough to get on stage.
Last year, Morrisey also halted his tour due to his mother's ailment. He rescheduled his concert in Flint in October to be in the hospital with his ailing mother.
Morrisey is not the only star battling illnesses in the States. Actor Burt Reynolds was staying in intensive care due to severe flu, and Barry Manilow was fighting a bout of bronchitis that resulted in the delay of the opening night of his "Manilow on Broadway".
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof