Ashton Kutcher Suffered Pancreas Problem When Preparing to Play Steve Jobs
Ashton Kutcher sparked health scare and ended up staying in hospital when trying to get into his character in "jOBS". The "Two and a Half Men" actor said he fell ill with pancreas problem after he had a fruit-only diet to prepare for his portrayal as Steve Jobs.
"First of all, the fruitarian diet can lead to like severe issues," the actor said as quoted by USA Today after the movie's screening at Sundance Film Festival. "I went to the hospital like two days before we started shooting the movie. I was doubled over in pain."
"My pancreas levels were like completely out of whack," he continued. "It was really terrifying ... considering everything." His health problem is almost similar to the situation the Apple co-founder was facing. The inspirational figure died of pancreas cancer at the age of 56 in October 2011.
Kutcher said he did a lot of researches to really get to know the late pioneer, capturing his hunched walk and demeanor. Another thing he learned from his studies was that they "both have a ravenous interest in the tech space."
"He's a guy that failed and got back on the horse," Kutcher gushed. "I think we can all sort of relate to that in some place in our life where we are moving forward with something and we fall down. You have to have the guts to get back up and go again. I think I share that as well."
"jOBS" is set to arrive in the U.S. theaters on April 19, just in time for the 37th anniversary of the founding of the Apple Computer. Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak slammed the movie for presenting a "totally wrong" scene in its recently-released footage, but the filmmakers argued the movie was not a documentary so the inaccuracies did exist.
A rival movie project about the life of Steve Jobs is also developed by Sony Pictures with Aaron Sorkin writing the screenplay.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame