Pictures: Jimmy Kimmel Honored With Hollywood Walk of Fame Right Outside His Studio
Jimmy Kimmel became the latest celebrity to join Hollywood Walk of Fame. He received the 2,489th star Friday morning, January 25 in front of the El Capitan Entertainment Centre at 6840 Hollywood Blvd., where his show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" is taped.
"My parents brought me here to Hollywood to visit the Walk of Fame when I was 10 years old," the late-night host remembered before jokingly added, "I never imagined they would leave me here to fend for myself." He also joked that "people will pee on my star."
Kimmel's father recalled, "We've got pictures, he was nine years old, right across the street, looking at Jimmy Durante's star. And I think we said something like, 'One day ... maybe one day you'll have your star.' And it came true." The host joked, "Thank you, mom and dad, for always being there, whether you're invited or not."
"[These] last two days have been a roller coaster," the comedian gushed. "Last night, Matt Damon hijacked the show, and today I'm getting a star on Hollywood Boulevard." He jokingly expressed "some concern" that the "Contagion" actor would repeat his stunt on Walk of Fame ceremony.
Kimmel was supported by his fiance Molly McNearney, his parents, his former intern Carson Daly and his friend Eric Garcetti. "Jimmy's show tapes right here, and it seems like there's a big turnout for his star ceremony, but it's really just the family members that work for him taking a smoke break," Daly joked.
On a serious note, Los Angeles City Councilman Garcetti said of Kimmel, "This is a guy who has come out quietly to testify on behalf of good projects to revitalize Hollywood, who's fought for things like helping Hollywood High School get an arts program back, who has, in quiet and powerful ways, been a great Angelino when all of the cameras are off and when nobody is watching."
More Jimmy Kimmel News
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake