Burt Reynolds Battling Severe Flu in ICU
Burt Reynolds, 76, was taken to a Florida hospital for treatment of flu symptoms. The "Boogie Nights" actor was "severely dehydrated" so he was transferred to the intensive care unit, his manager Erik Kritzer explained to CNN.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said in assurance. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room." The manager refused to reveal what hospital he was taken into, "He would like that (kept) private."
Burt is a certified actor on both the small screen and the big screen. He was named 1991 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at Emmy Awards and 1992 Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Comedy/Musical at Golden Globes, both thanks to his role on "Evening Shade".
In 1997, the mustached actor won Best Supporting Actor in a Film at the Golden Globe Awards for his portrayal as porn king Jack Horner in the "Boogie Nights". He had heart bypass surgery in 2010.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent