Burt Reynolds Battling Severe Flu in ICU
Burt Reynolds, 76, was taken to a Florida hospital for treatment of flu symptoms. The "Boogie Nights" actor was "severely dehydrated" so he was transferred to the intensive care unit, his manager Erik Kritzer explained to CNN.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said in assurance. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room." The manager refused to reveal what hospital he was taken into, "He would like that (kept) private."
Burt is a certified actor on both the small screen and the big screen. He was named 1991 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at Emmy Awards and 1992 Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Comedy/Musical at Golden Globes, both thanks to his role on "Evening Shade".
In 1997, the mustached actor won Best Supporting Actor in a Film at the Golden Globe Awards for his portrayal as porn king Jack Horner in the "Boogie Nights". He had heart bypass surgery in 2010.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'