Burt Reynolds Battling Severe Flu in ICU
Burt Reynolds, 76, was taken to a Florida hospital for treatment of flu symptoms. The "Boogie Nights" actor was "severely dehydrated" so he was transferred to the intensive care unit, his manager Erik Kritzer explained to CNN.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said in assurance. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room." The manager refused to reveal what hospital he was taken into, "He would like that (kept) private."
Burt is a certified actor on both the small screen and the big screen. He was named 1991 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at Emmy Awards and 1992 Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Comedy/Musical at Golden Globes, both thanks to his role on "Evening Shade".
In 1997, the mustached actor won Best Supporting Actor in a Film at the Golden Globe Awards for his portrayal as porn king Jack Horner in the "Boogie Nights". He had heart bypass surgery in 2010.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris