Burt Reynolds Battling Severe Flu in ICU
Burt Reynolds, 76, was taken to a Florida hospital for treatment of flu symptoms. The "Boogie Nights" actor was "severely dehydrated" so he was transferred to the intensive care unit, his manager Erik Kritzer explained to CNN.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said in assurance. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room." The manager refused to reveal what hospital he was taken into, "He would like that (kept) private."
Burt is a certified actor on both the small screen and the big screen. He was named 1991 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at Emmy Awards and 1992 Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Comedy/Musical at Golden Globes, both thanks to his role on "Evening Shade".
In 1997, the mustached actor won Best Supporting Actor in a Film at the Golden Globe Awards for his portrayal as porn king Jack Horner in the "Boogie Nights". He had heart bypass surgery in 2010.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them