Burt Reynolds Battling Severe Flu in ICU
Burt Reynolds, 76, was taken to a Florida hospital for treatment of flu symptoms. The "Boogie Nights" actor was "severely dehydrated" so he was transferred to the intensive care unit, his manager Erik Kritzer explained to CNN.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said in assurance. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room." The manager refused to reveal what hospital he was taken into, "He would like that (kept) private."
Burt is a certified actor on both the small screen and the big screen. He was named 1991 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at Emmy Awards and 1992 Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series - Comedy/Musical at Golden Globes, both thanks to his role on "Evening Shade".
In 1997, the mustached actor won Best Supporting Actor in a Film at the Golden Globe Awards for his portrayal as porn king Jack Horner in the "Boogie Nights". He had heart bypass surgery in 2010.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?