HBO Confirms 12 Episodes of 'Girls' Season 3
HBO has officially renewed "Girls" for a third season. The cable channel confirms the news which was previously spilled by creator and lead actress Lena Dunham during an interview with Alec Baldwin.
Via press note, the network also affirms the Golden Globe-winning star's statement that the upcoming season will be expanded to 12 episodes. The first two seasons only got 10-episode orders.
In Baldwin's podcast, Dunham said, "We're starting season three at the end of March." She additionally gushed, "I'm so excited." On making 12 episodes for the third season, she stated, "I would love that. I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate and it would be amazing."
The "30 Rock" actor offered himself to guest star on "Girls". "I'll come and play your therapist. You need a therapist," he proposed, to which Dunham replied, "That would be the most fun thing in the world."
"Girls" just aired two episodes of its second season, which premiered January 13. The season 2 opener exceeds a gross audience of 3.8 million viewers.
More Girls News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip