HBO Confirms 12 Episodes of 'Girls' Season 3
HBO has officially renewed "Girls" for a third season. The cable channel confirms the news which was previously spilled by creator and lead actress Lena Dunham during an interview with Alec Baldwin.
Via press note, the network also affirms the Golden Globe-winning star's statement that the upcoming season will be expanded to 12 episodes. The first two seasons only got 10-episode orders.
In Baldwin's podcast, Dunham said, "We're starting season three at the end of March." She additionally gushed, "I'm so excited." On making 12 episodes for the third season, she stated, "I would love that. I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate and it would be amazing."
The "30 Rock" actor offered himself to guest star on "Girls". "I'll come and play your therapist. You need a therapist," he proposed, to which Dunham replied, "That would be the most fun thing in the world."
"Girls" just aired two episodes of its second season, which premiered January 13. The season 2 opener exceeds a gross audience of 3.8 million viewers.
More Girls News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift