HBO Confirms 12 Episodes of 'Girls' Season 3
HBO has officially renewed "Girls" for a third season. The cable channel confirms the news which was previously spilled by creator and lead actress Lena Dunham during an interview with Alec Baldwin.
Via press note, the network also affirms the Golden Globe-winning star's statement that the upcoming season will be expanded to 12 episodes. The first two seasons only got 10-episode orders.
In Baldwin's podcast, Dunham said, "We're starting season three at the end of March." She additionally gushed, "I'm so excited." On making 12 episodes for the third season, she stated, "I would love that. I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate and it would be amazing."
The "30 Rock" actor offered himself to guest star on "Girls". "I'll come and play your therapist. You need a therapist," he proposed, to which Dunham replied, "That would be the most fun thing in the world."
"Girls" just aired two episodes of its second season, which premiered January 13. The season 2 opener exceeds a gross audience of 3.8 million viewers.
More Girls News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones