HBO Confirms 12 Episodes of 'Girls' Season 3
HBO has officially renewed "Girls" for a third season. The cable channel confirms the news which was previously spilled by creator and lead actress Lena Dunham during an interview with Alec Baldwin.
Via press note, the network also affirms the Golden Globe-winning star's statement that the upcoming season will be expanded to 12 episodes. The first two seasons only got 10-episode orders.
In Baldwin's podcast, Dunham said, "We're starting season three at the end of March." She additionally gushed, "I'm so excited." On making 12 episodes for the third season, she stated, "I would love that. I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate and it would be amazing."
The "30 Rock" actor offered himself to guest star on "Girls". "I'll come and play your therapist. You need a therapist," he proposed, to which Dunham replied, "That would be the most fun thing in the world."
"Girls" just aired two episodes of its second season, which premiered January 13. The season 2 opener exceeds a gross audience of 3.8 million viewers.
More Girls News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl