HBO Confirms 12 Episodes of 'Girls' Season 3
HBO has officially renewed "Girls" for a third season. The cable channel confirms the news which was previously spilled by creator and lead actress Lena Dunham during an interview with Alec Baldwin.
Via press note, the network also affirms the Golden Globe-winning star's statement that the upcoming season will be expanded to 12 episodes. The first two seasons only got 10-episode orders.
In Baldwin's podcast, Dunham said, "We're starting season three at the end of March." She additionally gushed, "I'm so excited." On making 12 episodes for the third season, she stated, "I would love that. I think that a little more would be just a little more storytelling real estate and it would be amazing."
The "30 Rock" actor offered himself to guest star on "Girls". "I'll come and play your therapist. You need a therapist," he proposed, to which Dunham replied, "That would be the most fun thing in the world."
"Girls" just aired two episodes of its second season, which premiered January 13. The season 2 opener exceeds a gross audience of 3.8 million viewers.
More Girls News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill