J.J. Abrams' New Dramas Get Pilot Orders From NBC and FOX
More works from J.J. Abrams are about to grace the small screen. Hot on the heels of his recently confirmed "Star Wars Episode 7" directing gig, his two TV dramas have got pilot orders from NBC and FOX.
The Peacock is giving a vote of confidence to "Believe" from the "Star Trek" helmer, who will serve as executive producer alongside Bryan Burk and Alfonso Cuaron. Mexican filmmaker Cuaron will also pen the script for the pilot.
The show revolves around "an unlikely relationship between a gifted young girl and a man sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power."
In addition to "Believe", NBC greenlights multi-camera comedy "Undateable" from Bill Lawrence. The story is about a group of young friends dubbed the "Undateables" whose lives are altered when a more confident character enters their world.
Over on FOX, the network picks up Abrams' robot cops pilot. The untitled project is described as "an action-packed buddy cop show, set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids."
Abrams and Burk once again team up to executive produce it, joined by "Fringe" executive producer and co-showrunner J.H. Wyman, who will write the pilot.
FOX additionally gives a pilot order to "Boomerang", a drama about a family of assassins. Davey Holmes will provide the script, with John Wells and Andrew Stern serving as executive producers.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service