J.J. Abrams' New Dramas Get Pilot Orders From NBC and FOX
More works from J.J. Abrams are about to grace the small screen. Hot on the heels of his recently confirmed "Star Wars Episode 7" directing gig, his two TV dramas have got pilot orders from NBC and FOX.
The Peacock is giving a vote of confidence to "Believe" from the "Star Trek" helmer, who will serve as executive producer alongside Bryan Burk and Alfonso Cuaron. Mexican filmmaker Cuaron will also pen the script for the pilot.
The show revolves around "an unlikely relationship between a gifted young girl and a man sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power."
In addition to "Believe", NBC greenlights multi-camera comedy "Undateable" from Bill Lawrence. The story is about a group of young friends dubbed the "Undateables" whose lives are altered when a more confident character enters their world.
Over on FOX, the network picks up Abrams' robot cops pilot. The untitled project is described as "an action-packed buddy cop show, set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids."
Abrams and Burk once again team up to executive produce it, joined by "Fringe" executive producer and co-showrunner J.H. Wyman, who will write the pilot.
FOX additionally gives a pilot order to "Boomerang", a drama about a family of assassins. Davey Holmes will provide the script, with John Wells and Andrew Stern serving as executive producers.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami