Liberty Ross and Cheating Husband Rupert Sanders Heading for Divorce
Apparently director Rupert Sanders' attempt to save his marriage with Liberty Ross has failed. In a surprising news on Friday, January 25, it is reported that the 34-year-old English model/actress has filed for divorce from her husband, who notoriously cheated on her with Kristen Stewart.
The news is first broken by TMZ, which states that Ross filed her papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court, asking for joint custody of her and Sanders' children (ages 7 and 5). Represented by Laura Wasser, the sister of Oscar-winning composer Atticus Ross also asks for spousal support and attorney's fees.
Responding to his wife's divorce petition, Sanders also files his docs, repped by Lance Spiegel. The 41-year-old filmmaker also wants joint custody though he's not asking for spousal support. He additionally requests to share the costs with Ross for the attorney fees.
Ross and Sanders' marriage had been on the rock since the husband was caught cheating with Stewart, the lead actress of his directorial debut "Snow White and the Huntsman" in which Ross also starred in. Stewart publicly apologized to her boyfriend Robert Pattinson for the highly-publicized scandal and they managed to work things out and rekindle their romance.
Sanders, however, was not as lucky as Stewart as he failed to reconcile with Ross despite the fact that they previously went to see a counselor for several times in order to save their marriage.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics