The Flaming Lips to Release New Album in April and Star in Super Bowl Ad
The Flaming Lips just announced a couple of good news for their loyal followers. They are set to release their 13th studio album "The Terror" on April 2, but before that comes out, fans will first get to hear their new track "Sun Blows Up Today" as it is used in a Hyundai TV commercial set to debut during the Super Bowl spectacle on February 3.
The one-minute clip will also feature the members of the band on-camera, one of the four spots that Hyundai has clinched during the much-awaited Super Bowl telecast. The group will be performing the brand new "Sun Blows Up Today" which they specifically wrote for the Super Bowl commercial.
"The Terror", produced by Lips' longtime collaborator David Fridmann, is the band's follow-up to "The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends" which they released last year. The album, which includes nine cuts in its standard edition and a bonus track entitled "Today" added to the digital version, is described to be "darker" than the psychedelic rock band's previous works.
"It's going to be a great, very strange, beautiful, emotional record," Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne hinted last year. "It's music that was kind of happening by accident while we were making this 'Heady Fwends' record; in-between those (songs) we would secretly be making music we didn't know we were making, and later we would hear these little pieces of music and be like, 'What is that? That's cool. Who is that?' 'It's us.' 'It's us?! Really?' and we'd collect things and put them together."
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip