The Flaming Lips to Release New Album in April and Star in Super Bowl Ad
The Flaming Lips just announced a couple of good news for their loyal followers. They are set to release their 13th studio album "The Terror" on April 2, but before that comes out, fans will first get to hear their new track "Sun Blows Up Today" as it is used in a Hyundai TV commercial set to debut during the Super Bowl spectacle on February 3.
The one-minute clip will also feature the members of the band on-camera, one of the four spots that Hyundai has clinched during the much-awaited Super Bowl telecast. The group will be performing the brand new "Sun Blows Up Today" which they specifically wrote for the Super Bowl commercial.
"The Terror", produced by Lips' longtime collaborator David Fridmann, is the band's follow-up to "The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends" which they released last year. The album, which includes nine cuts in its standard edition and a bonus track entitled "Today" added to the digital version, is described to be "darker" than the psychedelic rock band's previous works.
"It's going to be a great, very strange, beautiful, emotional record," Lips' frontman Wayne Coyne hinted last year. "It's music that was kind of happening by accident while we were making this 'Heady Fwends' record; in-between those (songs) we would secretly be making music we didn't know we were making, and later we would hear these little pieces of music and be like, 'What is that? That's cool. Who is that?' 'It's us.' 'It's us?! Really?' and we'd collect things and put them together."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season