Marc Anthony Breaks Up With Venezuelan Model Shannon de Lima
Marc Anthony is single again. The former husband of Jennifer Lopez has just broken up with his girlfriend Shannon de Lima, a sexy Venezuelan model whom he's been dating for more than a year.
A representative for the Latin singer confirms the split, stating, "Marc is no longer dating model Shannon de Lima." The rep, named Blanca Lasalle, notes, "The amicable breakup became official right in mid-January."
The reason behind the doomed relationship is kept secret, but a source tells PEOPLE, "The truth is they have been having a great time together, but it no longer worked." The source adds that Marc has already moved on and is "in a good place. Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't."
Marc and Shannon first went public with their romantic relationship in January last year. On Twitter, the "I Need to Know" singer wrote to her, "A mi @Shadelima mi estatua de libertad. Besos bebe." It simply meant, "To @Shadelima, my statue of liberty. Kisses baby" in English.
There was no sign of discord before the two decided to call it quits. Indeed, they have recently been spotted in New York City at Marquee. An onlooker revealed that "Shannon was dancing up a storm with her friends while sipping champagne and taking iPhone photos of themselves and the light show. At one point, Shannon even jokingly gave Marc a lap dance when Pitbull came on."
Marc was previously married to J.Lo for seven years before separating in July 2011. The "Dance Again" songstress herself is currently dating her much younger dancer Casper Smart, whom she dubbed "a nice person." She gushed, "My life is really good right now."
More Marc Anthony News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival