Seth MacFarlane Pays Tribute to 'Psycho' in New 2013 Oscar Promo
Another funny promo video from Seth MacFarlane for the 85th Academy Awards has been made available for viewing pleasure. This time around, the "Ted" helmer introduces himself as the Oscar host and enthusiastically gushes that the upcoming awards show "will be celebrating all your favorite films, like 'Psycho'."
The iconic Janet Leigh's shower scene in the Alfred Hitchcock-directed 1960s thriller is then shown in the video. As Leigh screams to the top of her lung when her murderer breaks into the bathroom, the video cuts to a scene where MacFarlane is in his bedroom which happens to be right next to Leigh's bathroom.
"Keep it down! I have a meeting in four hours," so the funnyman yells while banging his wall, asking Leigh to stop screaming. He then continues reading his papers in his bed while sighing and whining, "Rednecks."
MacFarlane previously released a number of Oscar promos, including the one that saw him poking fun at Best Actor nominee Daniel Day-Lewis who stars in "Lincoln". He gushed, "I'm Seth MacFarlane and I'll be hosting the Oscars this year. Except guess what, I'm not Seth MacFarlane, I'm Daniel Day-Lewis. I'm just that good."
The 2013 Academy Awards is set to take place on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. It will be broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones