Joaquin Phoenix May Reunite With Paul Thomas Anderson in 'Inherent Vice'
Recently winning Best Actor prize at London Critics' Circle Awards, Joaquin Phoenix is set to reunite with his "The Master" director in a new movie project. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Oscar-nominated actor is currently in talks to star in Paul Thomas Anderson's next film "Inherent Vice".
The new movie will be based on a 2009 novel by Thomas Pynchon. The story revolves around a pot-smoking detective who gets wrapped up in a number of mysteries in 1969 Los Angeles, while the Manson Family trial growls in the background. The book also features a number of characters with original names such as Shasta Fay Hepworth, Riggs Warbling, Japonica Fenway and Adrian Prussia.
Anderson, who has been developing the project for year, will serve as the screenwriter in addition to directing it. He additionally co-produces the film alongside Megan Ellison, John Lesher and JoAnne Sellar. Before Phoenix gets approached, Robert Downey Jr. was interested in the project before eventually he passed it.
Phoenix and Anderson's last collaboration, "The Master", garnered a lot of critical acclaims. Though it wasn't nominated for Best Pictures at the 85th Academy Awards, the movie brought Phoenix as a Best Actor contender, Philip Seymour Hoffman for Best Supporting Actor, and Amy Adams for Best Supporting Actress.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage