Joaquin Phoenix May Reunite With Paul Thomas Anderson in 'Inherent Vice'
Recently winning Best Actor prize at London Critics' Circle Awards, Joaquin Phoenix is set to reunite with his "The Master" director in a new movie project. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Oscar-nominated actor is currently in talks to star in Paul Thomas Anderson's next film "Inherent Vice".
The new movie will be based on a 2009 novel by Thomas Pynchon. The story revolves around a pot-smoking detective who gets wrapped up in a number of mysteries in 1969 Los Angeles, while the Manson Family trial growls in the background. The book also features a number of characters with original names such as Shasta Fay Hepworth, Riggs Warbling, Japonica Fenway and Adrian Prussia.
Anderson, who has been developing the project for year, will serve as the screenwriter in addition to directing it. He additionally co-produces the film alongside Megan Ellison, John Lesher and JoAnne Sellar. Before Phoenix gets approached, Robert Downey Jr. was interested in the project before eventually he passed it.
Phoenix and Anderson's last collaboration, "The Master", garnered a lot of critical acclaims. Though it wasn't nominated for Best Pictures at the 85th Academy Awards, the movie brought Phoenix as a Best Actor contender, Philip Seymour Hoffman for Best Supporting Actor, and Amy Adams for Best Supporting Actress.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour