Joaquin Phoenix May Reunite With Paul Thomas Anderson in 'Inherent Vice'
Recently winning Best Actor prize at London Critics' Circle Awards, Joaquin Phoenix is set to reunite with his "The Master" director in a new movie project. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Oscar-nominated actor is currently in talks to star in Paul Thomas Anderson's next film "Inherent Vice".
The new movie will be based on a 2009 novel by Thomas Pynchon. The story revolves around a pot-smoking detective who gets wrapped up in a number of mysteries in 1969 Los Angeles, while the Manson Family trial growls in the background. The book also features a number of characters with original names such as Shasta Fay Hepworth, Riggs Warbling, Japonica Fenway and Adrian Prussia.
Anderson, who has been developing the project for year, will serve as the screenwriter in addition to directing it. He additionally co-produces the film alongside Megan Ellison, John Lesher and JoAnne Sellar. Before Phoenix gets approached, Robert Downey Jr. was interested in the project before eventually he passed it.
Phoenix and Anderson's last collaboration, "The Master", garnered a lot of critical acclaims. Though it wasn't nominated for Best Pictures at the 85th Academy Awards, the movie brought Phoenix as a Best Actor contender, Philip Seymour Hoffman for Best Supporting Actor, and Amy Adams for Best Supporting Actress.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?