Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak on Scene in First 'jOBS' Clip: 'It's Totally Wrong'
After the first footage of "jOBS", which has Ashton Kutcher starring as Steve Jobs, landed online, the real Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak offered his comment on the clip. Though the video boasted a convincing performance from Kutcher as the titular character and Josh Gad as his trusted partner, Woz claimed that the scene in the sneak peek was "totally wrong."
"Not close... we never had such interaction and roles...," Wozniak said of the clip, which featured Jobs trying to convince Woz about the idea of creating a computer. "I'm not even sure what it's getting at... personalities are very wrong although mine is closer..."
He then described what really happened between him and Jobs, "Don't forget that my purpose was inspired by the values of the Homebrew Computer Club along with ideas of the value of such machines and Steve J. wasn't around and didn't attend the club so he was the one learning about such social impact of the future."
In another statement via email, Woz insisted that the scene was "totally wrong." He said, "Personalities and where the ideas of computers affecting society did not come from Jobs. They inspired me and were widely spoken at the Homebrew Computer Club. Steve came back from Oregon and came to a club meeting and didn't start talking about this great social impact."
"His idea was to make a $20 PC board and sell it for $40 to help people at the club build the computer I'd given away. Steve came from selling surplus parts at HalTed he always saw a way to make a quick buck off my designs (this was the 5th time)."
"jOBS" is set to arrive in the U.S. theaters on April 19, just in time for the 37th anniversary of the founding of the Apple Computer. The movie would have its world premiere at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival on January 25, serving as the closer of the Utah fest. Helmed by Joshua Michael Stern, the pic will take place on the early years of Apple, its founding and up-and-down years from 1971 to 2000.
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert