Brooke Shields Scores Recurring Role in 'Army Wives' Season 7
Brooke Shields is joining "Army Wives" as a recurring player. The model/actress will portray Air Force Colonel Katherine "Kat" Young in the upcoming season 7 of the Lifetime series, which is scheduled to premiere March 10 at 9 P.M.
Shields' character is described as "brash and brilliant." "A crack C-17 pilot who can hold her own in the boys' club atmosphere of the military, she's hardly touched down in her new assignment at Joint Base Marshall Bring before she clashes with Army General Michael Holden," Deadline further reports.
Never one to step away from a fight, Kat is a fierce advocate for the Air Force. Holden later discovers he and Kat have more in common than he thought after he learns about Kat's tragic past.
Shields joins Jesse McCartney, who has previously landed an 11-episode recurring arc. The show also welcomes Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto and Elle McLemore as regular cast members, while original cast member Kim Delaney won't return to the seventh season. Sally Pressman, who is currently pregnant, will return though her part will be reduced.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences