First 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Trailer Sees Oscar Isaac as Struggling Musician
"Inside Llewyn Davis" debuts its first trailer, giving a look at the life of Oscar Isaac's titular character. Most of the time, the folk musician is seen wandering around while carrying a guitar and a cat. "It's not my cat. I just didn't know what to do with it," he says when someone dubs him a "singer with a cat."
Davis appears to have a hard life as his career as a musician seems to be uncertain. His girlfriend constantly whines about him, while agents don't seem to be interested in his works. At some point, he's also seen getting kicked out of a club and punched hard by another man in a dark alley.
The drama centers on a singer-songwriter who navigates New York's folk music scene during the 1960s. The lead character is inspired by Dave Van Ronk, a folk singer who is also a friend of Bob Dylan and other notable musicians. He is also a struggling folk artist who was born and raised in Queen. Although he is a talented musician, he "can't seem to make ends meet playing music."
Directed and written by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "Inside Llewyn Davis" also stars Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, Garrett Hedlund, John Goodman, Jeanine Serralles, Stark Sands, Adam Driver and F. Murray Abraham. The film still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers