First 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Trailer Sees Oscar Isaac as Struggling Musician
"Inside Llewyn Davis" debuts its first trailer, giving a look at the life of Oscar Isaac's titular character. Most of the time, the folk musician is seen wandering around while carrying a guitar and a cat. "It's not my cat. I just didn't know what to do with it," he says when someone dubs him a "singer with a cat."
Davis appears to have a hard life as his career as a musician seems to be uncertain. His girlfriend constantly whines about him, while agents don't seem to be interested in his works. At some point, he's also seen getting kicked out of a club and punched hard by another man in a dark alley.
The drama centers on a singer-songwriter who navigates New York's folk music scene during the 1960s. The lead character is inspired by Dave Van Ronk, a folk singer who is also a friend of Bob Dylan and other notable musicians. He is also a struggling folk artist who was born and raised in Queen. Although he is a talented musician, he "can't seem to make ends meet playing music."
Directed and written by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "Inside Llewyn Davis" also stars Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, Garrett Hedlund, John Goodman, Jeanine Serralles, Stark Sands, Adam Driver and F. Murray Abraham. The film still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly