Natalie Portman Will Move to Paris After Husband Nabs Prestigious Job
Natalie Portman will soon leave the States to follow her husband to Paris. The Oscar-winning "Black Swan" actress is set to move to the City of Lights after her husband Benjamin Millepied nabbed a coveted job as the director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet.
According to The New York Times, Millepied will begin his new job from September 2014. The 35-year-old dancer/choreographer told the site that his actress wife would go with him along with their 20-month-old son Aleph.
Millepied would replace Brigitte Lefevre, who had been serving as the company's director since 1995. Of his recruitment, Millepied said, "I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company."
He added, "I was surprised, but I felt very quickly that the artistic dialogue between us was an exciting one. After a while I did feel there was a really good chance I might get the position. Which made my head spin."
Millepied met Portman during the filming of "Black Swan" in 2009. He was the choreographer of the A-list actress' Oscar-winning performance. The pair welcomed their son in June 2011 and got married last August.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna