Natalie Portman Will Move to Paris After Husband Nabs Prestigious Job
Natalie Portman will soon leave the States to follow her husband to Paris. The Oscar-winning "Black Swan" actress is set to move to the City of Lights after her husband Benjamin Millepied nabbed a coveted job as the director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet.
According to The New York Times, Millepied will begin his new job from September 2014. The 35-year-old dancer/choreographer told the site that his actress wife would go with him along with their 20-month-old son Aleph.
Millepied would replace Brigitte Lefevre, who had been serving as the company's director since 1995. Of his recruitment, Millepied said, "I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company."
He added, "I was surprised, but I felt very quickly that the artistic dialogue between us was an exciting one. After a while I did feel there was a really good chance I might get the position. Which made my head spin."
Millepied met Portman during the filming of "Black Swan" in 2009. He was the choreographer of the A-list actress' Oscar-winning performance. The pair welcomed their son in June 2011 and got married last August.
More Natalie Portman News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'