Natalie Portman Will Move to Paris After Husband Nabs Prestigious Job
Natalie Portman will soon leave the States to follow her husband to Paris. The Oscar-winning "Black Swan" actress is set to move to the City of Lights after her husband Benjamin Millepied nabbed a coveted job as the director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet.
According to The New York Times, Millepied will begin his new job from September 2014. The 35-year-old dancer/choreographer told the site that his actress wife would go with him along with their 20-month-old son Aleph.
Millepied would replace Brigitte Lefevre, who had been serving as the company's director since 1995. Of his recruitment, Millepied said, "I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company."
He added, "I was surprised, but I felt very quickly that the artistic dialogue between us was an exciting one. After a while I did feel there was a really good chance I might get the position. Which made my head spin."
Millepied met Portman during the filming of "Black Swan" in 2009. He was the choreographer of the A-list actress' Oscar-winning performance. The pair welcomed their son in June 2011 and got married last August.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding