Natalie Portman Will Move to Paris After Husband Nabs Prestigious Job
Natalie Portman will soon leave the States to follow her husband to Paris. The Oscar-winning "Black Swan" actress is set to move to the City of Lights after her husband Benjamin Millepied nabbed a coveted job as the director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet.
According to The New York Times, Millepied will begin his new job from September 2014. The 35-year-old dancer/choreographer told the site that his actress wife would go with him along with their 20-month-old son Aleph.
Millepied would replace Brigitte Lefevre, who had been serving as the company's director since 1995. Of his recruitment, Millepied said, "I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company."
He added, "I was surprised, but I felt very quickly that the artistic dialogue between us was an exciting one. After a while I did feel there was a really good chance I might get the position. Which made my head spin."
Millepied met Portman during the filming of "Black Swan" in 2009. He was the choreographer of the A-list actress' Oscar-winning performance. The pair welcomed their son in June 2011 and got married last August.
More Natalie Portman News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7