Natalie Portman Will Move to Paris After Husband Nabs Prestigious Job
Natalie Portman will soon leave the States to follow her husband to Paris. The Oscar-winning "Black Swan" actress is set to move to the City of Lights after her husband Benjamin Millepied nabbed a coveted job as the director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet.
According to The New York Times, Millepied will begin his new job from September 2014. The 35-year-old dancer/choreographer told the site that his actress wife would go with him along with their 20-month-old son Aleph.
Millepied would replace Brigitte Lefevre, who had been serving as the company's director since 1995. Of his recruitment, Millepied said, "I certainly knew about the position, but I also knew that there were candidates from within the company."
He added, "I was surprised, but I felt very quickly that the artistic dialogue between us was an exciting one. After a while I did feel there was a really good chance I might get the position. Which made my head spin."
Millepied met Portman during the filming of "Black Swan" in 2009. He was the choreographer of the A-list actress' Oscar-winning performance. The pair welcomed their son in June 2011 and got married last August.
More Natalie Portman News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes