A$AP Rocky Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200
Hip-hop star A$AP Rocky landed at the top of the Billboard 200 chart with his debut album "LongLiveA$AP". Selling a total of 139,000 units this week, it's the first debut album that reached the no. 1 spot since another rapper 2 Chainz achieved the same feat back in September 2012 with his debut studio set "Based on a T.R.U. Story".
Aside from "LongLiveA$AP", the second of only two debuts in the top ten this week earned the runner-up position. "Kidz Bop 23" ended up at the second spot with 78,000, the best sales posted by a Kidz Bop Kids album since 2006. It features kid-friendly covers of Billboard Hot 100 top ten hits "Diamonds" by Rihanna, "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber and "Live While We're Young" by boyband One Direction.
As for the rest of the Top 10, the "Pitch Perfect" soundtrack climbed up from no. 5 to 3 even with a similar 45,000 sales it posted from last week. Taylor Swift's "Red" stayed at no. 4 despite a 16% decline in sales with 41,000.
Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox" moved up by one spot from no. 6 to 5 in spite of being down by 7% with 39,000. Last week's second runner-up, "Les Miserables: the soundtrack to the critically-acclaimed film adaptation of "Les Miserables", tumbled to no. 6 from its no. 3 ranking last week, with an almost similar tally of 39,000, posting a 25% decrease in copies sold, the biggest this week.
The Lumineers' self-titled album remained in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 charts for a fourth consecutive week with 38,000, up by 3%. Phillip Phillips and Mumford & Sons jumped back into the top 10, with the former's "The World From the Side of the Moon" leaping from no. 14 to no. 8 and the latter's "Babel" climbing back from no. 11 to no 9, both with an almost identical 25,000.
Rounding up the top 10 this week are the boys of One Direction. Their album "Take Me Home" held their no. 10 rank despite a 21% decline with 23,000. The British-Irish boyband's sophomore album hasn't left the Billboard 200 top 10 since December of last year.
- A$AP Rocky - "LongLiveA$AP" (139,000)
- Kidz Bop Kids - "Kidz Bop 23" (78,000)
- various artists - "Pitch Perfect" soundtrack (45,000)
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (41,000)
- Bruno Mars -"Unorthodox Jukebox" (39,000)
- various artists - "Les Miserables: Highlights" (39,000)
- The Lumineers - "The Lumineers" (38,000)
- Phillip Phillips - "The World From the Side of the Moon"(25,000)
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (25,000)
- One Direction - "Take Me Home" (23,000)
More A$AP Rocky News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie