Chely Wright and Her Wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright Expecting Twins
Chely Wright and her wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright are thrilled to announce that they're expecting not just one but two babies, more than a year after their wedding. The 42-year-old country music star shares news about her pregnancy on Howard Bragman's YouTube show Gwissues.
"When gay couples have babies it's logistically a little different than when straight people have babies as we all know," she says. "We feel our entire relationship has been blessed. We feel lucky and ready to take on the challenges. We're excited to be parents and we hope we don't mess it up too badly!"
Chely got engaged to gay rights activist Lauren a year after she officially came out in 2010. They tied the knot in the summer of 2011 at the home of Lauren's aunt in Connecticut. Wright who is Christian and her wife who is Jewish were officiated by both a reverend and a rabbi.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story