Chely Wright and Her Wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright Expecting Twins
Chely Wright and her wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright are thrilled to announce that they're expecting not just one but two babies, more than a year after their wedding. The 42-year-old country music star shares news about her pregnancy on Howard Bragman's YouTube show Gwissues.
"When gay couples have babies it's logistically a little different than when straight people have babies as we all know," she says. "We feel our entire relationship has been blessed. We feel lucky and ready to take on the challenges. We're excited to be parents and we hope we don't mess it up too badly!"
Chely got engaged to gay rights activist Lauren a year after she officially came out in 2010. They tied the knot in the summer of 2011 at the home of Lauren's aunt in Connecticut. Wright who is Christian and her wife who is Jewish were officiated by both a reverend and a rabbi.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival