Chely Wright and Her Wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright Expecting Twins
Chely Wright and her wife Lauren Blitzer-Wright are thrilled to announce that they're expecting not just one but two babies, more than a year after their wedding. The 42-year-old country music star shares news about her pregnancy on Howard Bragman's YouTube show Gwissues.
"When gay couples have babies it's logistically a little different than when straight people have babies as we all know," she says. "We feel our entire relationship has been blessed. We feel lucky and ready to take on the challenges. We're excited to be parents and we hope we don't mess it up too badly!"
Chely got engaged to gay rights activist Lauren a year after she officially came out in 2010. They tied the knot in the summer of 2011 at the home of Lauren's aunt in Connecticut. Wright who is Christian and her wife who is Jewish were officiated by both a reverend and a rabbi.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie