Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler Courted for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another casting rumor regarding Marvel's movie project "Guardians of the Galaxy" has spread online. The James Gunn-directed film is reportedly eyeing comedy heavyweights Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler to join the superhero space epic movie.
Latino Review reports that Marvel is looking at the two comedy superstars to join the cast, but it is not indicated what role the two actors are reading. However, it can be easily concluded that both megastars are being considered to add some comic relief to the movie, characteristic of Gunn's previous flicks.
With that said, the two comics, known for their excellent voice works, might be in the running for two main characters: Rocket Raccoon, a gun-wielding, talking raccoon, and Groot, a walking/talking tree. Carrey, who has lent his voice to computer-animated adventure comedy "Horton Hears a Who!", and Sandler, one of the outstanding voice talents in the 3D film "Hotel Transylvania", seem to be fitting choices for the roles.
Whether the two comedians will end up in the Marvel epic remains to be seen, since the movie's lead role is yet to be cast as well. Some sources confirm Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell and Cam Gigandet are reading for the part of Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord, the part-human/part-alien hero of the saga. Also mentioned in contention for the coveted role are Joel Edgerton, Jim Sturgess and Lee Pace.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'