Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler Courted for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another casting rumor regarding Marvel's movie project "Guardians of the Galaxy" has spread online. The James Gunn-directed film is reportedly eyeing comedy heavyweights Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler to join the superhero space epic movie.
Latino Review reports that Marvel is looking at the two comedy superstars to join the cast, but it is not indicated what role the two actors are reading. However, it can be easily concluded that both megastars are being considered to add some comic relief to the movie, characteristic of Gunn's previous flicks.
With that said, the two comics, known for their excellent voice works, might be in the running for two main characters: Rocket Raccoon, a gun-wielding, talking raccoon, and Groot, a walking/talking tree. Carrey, who has lent his voice to computer-animated adventure comedy "Horton Hears a Who!", and Sandler, one of the outstanding voice talents in the 3D film "Hotel Transylvania", seem to be fitting choices for the roles.
Whether the two comedians will end up in the Marvel epic remains to be seen, since the movie's lead role is yet to be cast as well. Some sources confirm Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell and Cam Gigandet are reading for the part of Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord, the part-human/part-alien hero of the saga. Also mentioned in contention for the coveted role are Joel Edgerton, Jim Sturgess and Lee Pace.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer