Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler Courted for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another casting rumor regarding Marvel's movie project "Guardians of the Galaxy" has spread online. The James Gunn-directed film is reportedly eyeing comedy heavyweights Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler to join the superhero space epic movie.
Latino Review reports that Marvel is looking at the two comedy superstars to join the cast, but it is not indicated what role the two actors are reading. However, it can be easily concluded that both megastars are being considered to add some comic relief to the movie, characteristic of Gunn's previous flicks.
With that said, the two comics, known for their excellent voice works, might be in the running for two main characters: Rocket Raccoon, a gun-wielding, talking raccoon, and Groot, a walking/talking tree. Carrey, who has lent his voice to computer-animated adventure comedy "Horton Hears a Who!", and Sandler, one of the outstanding voice talents in the 3D film "Hotel Transylvania", seem to be fitting choices for the roles.
Whether the two comedians will end up in the Marvel epic remains to be seen, since the movie's lead role is yet to be cast as well. Some sources confirm Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell and Cam Gigandet are reading for the part of Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord, the part-human/part-alien hero of the saga. Also mentioned in contention for the coveted role are Joel Edgerton, Jim Sturgess and Lee Pace.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat