Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler Courted for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another casting rumor regarding Marvel's movie project "Guardians of the Galaxy" has spread online. The James Gunn-directed film is reportedly eyeing comedy heavyweights Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler to join the superhero space epic movie.
Latino Review reports that Marvel is looking at the two comedy superstars to join the cast, but it is not indicated what role the two actors are reading. However, it can be easily concluded that both megastars are being considered to add some comic relief to the movie, characteristic of Gunn's previous flicks.
With that said, the two comics, known for their excellent voice works, might be in the running for two main characters: Rocket Raccoon, a gun-wielding, talking raccoon, and Groot, a walking/talking tree. Carrey, who has lent his voice to computer-animated adventure comedy "Horton Hears a Who!", and Sandler, one of the outstanding voice talents in the 3D film "Hotel Transylvania", seem to be fitting choices for the roles.
Whether the two comedians will end up in the Marvel epic remains to be seen, since the movie's lead role is yet to be cast as well. Some sources confirm Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell and Cam Gigandet are reading for the part of Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord, the part-human/part-alien hero of the saga. Also mentioned in contention for the coveted role are Joel Edgerton, Jim Sturgess and Lee Pace.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does