'Star Trek Into Darkness' Comic Possibly Reveals the Film's Villain
As J.J. Abrams remains mum on the identity of "Star Trek Into Darkness" villain, speculations on Kirk's new nemesis get wilder. Latest reports suggest that the movie's villain may be hinted in the "Star Trek Into Darkness" comic.
The first issue of the three-part comic book series co-written by Bob Orci features Robert April, the first Captain of the Enterprise. The character first appeared on the animated "Star Trek" series.
It leads to speculation that Benedict Cumberbatch may play the younger version of April, or the character could be played by Peter Weller whose role is still kept under tight wraps. Moreover, Hit Fix points out that a weapon used by Cumberbatch in the movie is called "April's Gatling Gun".
In the "Star Trek" sequel, the crew of the Enterprise are called back home and find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. The movie is set for a May 17 release in the U.S.
Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto will return as Pike, Spock and Uhura respectively. It has also been revealed that Cumberbatch's character will be called John Harrison, but some believe that the name is just an alias of another master villain.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly