'Mad Men' Season 6 Gets Premiere Date, Debuts First Photos
AMC has set a return date for its critically-acclaimed show "Mad Men". The sixth season of the period drama series will kick off April 7 at 9 P.M. ET with a special two-hour premiere. A week later, the show will air in its regular 10 P.M. time slot.
To tide fans over the upcoming premiere, first photos of the new installment have been unveiled. The black-and-white images feature major characters, including Jon Hamm's Don Draper, Vincent Kartheiser's Pete and Christina Hendricks' Joan Harris, in what seems to be a party.
Elisabeth Moss' Peggy gets the spotlight in one of the pics, with Don and two other men, whose heads are cropped out, standing next to her. Don, meanwhile, looks unhappy as he's surrounded by the women in his life, January Jones' Betty Francis, Jessica Pare's Megan Draper and Kiernan Shipka's Sally Draper, in another photo.
"To be able to continue exploring the stories of these characters for a sixth season is an amazing opportunity," says series creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner, who has confirmed that the sixth chapter will be the penultimate season for the show. "We love mining this world and look forward to bringing the audience stories that we hope will continue to both surprise and entertain them."
Asked what would happen to Don in season 6, Weiner said, "He had a pretty dark season. He was trying to be happy...What was the second marriage like? Was he going to do it right this time?...So where is he going from there? I don't know."
He coyly added, "Is he going to try to repair that relationship? Is going to move on from it? I can't tell you. I would love for people to just watch the last 10 minutes of season 5 right before season 6 starts. I think you'll have a really incredible experience as we get there."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal