Barry Manilow Is Still Ill, Hopes to Return for Opening Night of Broadway Show
Legendary crooner Barry Manilow, who has already canceled the Tuesday and Wednesday preview performances of his Broadway concert show "Manilow on Broadway" at the St. James Theatre, hopes to get back on his feet and make it in time for his big opening night on Thursday, January 24. The musician has been fighting a bout with bronchitis since Tuesday and was forced to cancel the two preview shows.
Manilow announced the cancellation on January 22 as ticketholders were already standing outside the Manhattan theatre. A leaflet that was handed out to the concert goers read, "Due to a sudden case of bronchitis, tonight's performance of 'Manilow on Broadway' has been canceled." A make-up show is set for February 26 for the disappointed folks.
Still down with bronchitis, the "Can't Smile Without You" singer cancelled his Wednesday show anew, upon doctor's orders. The make-up performance for this show was scheduled for February 27. His representatives issued a statement on his behalf, "Barry thanks everyone for their understanding and is looking forward to returning to the stage of the St. James for tomorrow's opening night performance... Come hell or high water!"
"Manilow on Broadway" began its St. James Theatre run last January 18 and was initially scheduled to end on February 23. It marked the 69-year-old Grammy Award-winning performer's return to the Great White Way for the first time in more than two decades.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?