Barry Manilow Is Still Ill, Hopes to Return for Opening Night of Broadway Show
Legendary crooner Barry Manilow, who has already canceled the Tuesday and Wednesday preview performances of his Broadway concert show "Manilow on Broadway" at the St. James Theatre, hopes to get back on his feet and make it in time for his big opening night on Thursday, January 24. The musician has been fighting a bout with bronchitis since Tuesday and was forced to cancel the two preview shows.
Manilow announced the cancellation on January 22 as ticketholders were already standing outside the Manhattan theatre. A leaflet that was handed out to the concert goers read, "Due to a sudden case of bronchitis, tonight's performance of 'Manilow on Broadway' has been canceled." A make-up show is set for February 26 for the disappointed folks.
Still down with bronchitis, the "Can't Smile Without You" singer cancelled his Wednesday show anew, upon doctor's orders. The make-up performance for this show was scheduled for February 27. His representatives issued a statement on his behalf, "Barry thanks everyone for their understanding and is looking forward to returning to the stage of the St. James for tomorrow's opening night performance... Come hell or high water!"
"Manilow on Broadway" began its St. James Theatre run last January 18 and was initially scheduled to end on February 23. It marked the 69-year-old Grammy Award-winning performer's return to the Great White Way for the first time in more than two decades.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce