'Charlie Brown' Voice Actor Arrested for Stalking His Ex and Threatening Plastic Surgeon
Peter Robbins was arrested into police custody shortly after 8 P.M. Sunday, January 20 at the San Ysidro Port of Entry when he tried to cross the border upon his return to the States from Tijuana, Mexico. During a background check, it's revealed that he was wanted by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department for a felony warrant.
The 56-year-old voice actor, well known for voicing Charlie Brown in the classic "Peanuts" TV shows, was accused of stalking his ex-girlfriend and threatening her and a plastic surgeon, who had performed a boob job on her. He allegedly threatened to harm her and her son if she did not return his dog and car after they broke up.
Robbins also threatened violence against Dr. Lori Saltz and called her office many times, frightening the doctor to the point that she temporarily moved out of her house, lived in a hotel and hired an armed guard outside her clinic. He reportedly wanted refund for the money he spent on his ex's breast enhancement.
The voice actor was booked early Monday. On Wednesday in San Diego Superior Court, he pleaded not guilty to two counts of stalking and ten counts of making criminal threats. His bail was upped from $50,000 to $550,000 after prosecutors told Judge David M. Szumowski that Robbins had just bought a gun and practiced at a shooting range.
Defense Attorney Marc S. Kohnen argued that the bail was set too high for someone who has no prior criminal record and whose work has been loved by many children. He insisted the actor was just a "distraught man." "Mr. Robbins is an eccentric individual," he said after the arraignment. "He's not a threat to society."
If convicted, Robbins could face up to nine years in jail.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture