Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Change Gets Complicated After Shawn Holley Withdrawal
The drama in Lindsay Lohan's legal case stemming from a car accident last summer continues by taking a new bizarre twist. New York lawyer Mark Heller she hires to replace her longtime attorney Shawn Holley is not licensed to practice law in the West Coast.
New report suggests Heller has just got a licensed California lawyer Lindsay Berger Sacks as his "sponsor." Berger Sacks, who's been an inactive member of the State Bar for 17 years, reactivated her membership a few days before Heller filed paperwork to rep LiLo in court.
According to TMZ, Berger Sacks agreed to be the sponsor to help out an old friend of hers, lawyer Peter Toumbekis, not Heller. The confusion was clarified by her husband, who's also a lawyer. He said Toumbekis was working with Heller's law firm and would appear in court for LiLo's hearing.
Heller has previously represented reality TV star Jon Gosselin and "Son of Sam" serial killer David Berkowitz. He was reportedly suspended from practicing law for five years in 1994 and, according to the New York Times, has been dubbed a "menace to the public" by some lawyers.
Heller was hired by LiLo after she fired Holley, who's been successfully keeping her out of jail for the past few years, earlier this month. Holley last appeared in court when she entered a "not guilty" plea to the troubled actress' reckless-driving and lying-to-cop charges.
Holley is currently in the process of withdrawing herself completely from the "Liz & Dick" star's cases and forwarding them to Heller's sponsor. The next hearing for the former Disney actress' legal woes is scheduled for January 30.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift