Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Change Gets Complicated After Shawn Holley Withdrawal
The drama in Lindsay Lohan's legal case stemming from a car accident last summer continues by taking a new bizarre twist. New York lawyer Mark Heller she hires to replace her longtime attorney Shawn Holley is not licensed to practice law in the West Coast.
New report suggests Heller has just got a licensed California lawyer Lindsay Berger Sacks as his "sponsor." Berger Sacks, who's been an inactive member of the State Bar for 17 years, reactivated her membership a few days before Heller filed paperwork to rep LiLo in court.
According to TMZ, Berger Sacks agreed to be the sponsor to help out an old friend of hers, lawyer Peter Toumbekis, not Heller. The confusion was clarified by her husband, who's also a lawyer. He said Toumbekis was working with Heller's law firm and would appear in court for LiLo's hearing.
Heller has previously represented reality TV star Jon Gosselin and "Son of Sam" serial killer David Berkowitz. He was reportedly suspended from practicing law for five years in 1994 and, according to the New York Times, has been dubbed a "menace to the public" by some lawyers.
Heller was hired by LiLo after she fired Holley, who's been successfully keeping her out of jail for the past few years, earlier this month. Holley last appeared in court when she entered a "not guilty" plea to the troubled actress' reckless-driving and lying-to-cop charges.
Holley is currently in the process of withdrawing herself completely from the "Liz & Dick" star's cases and forwarding them to Heller's sponsor. The next hearing for the former Disney actress' legal woes is scheduled for January 30.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies