Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Change Gets Complicated After Shawn Holley Withdrawal
The drama in Lindsay Lohan's legal case stemming from a car accident last summer continues by taking a new bizarre twist. New York lawyer Mark Heller she hires to replace her longtime attorney Shawn Holley is not licensed to practice law in the West Coast.
New report suggests Heller has just got a licensed California lawyer Lindsay Berger Sacks as his "sponsor." Berger Sacks, who's been an inactive member of the State Bar for 17 years, reactivated her membership a few days before Heller filed paperwork to rep LiLo in court.
According to TMZ, Berger Sacks agreed to be the sponsor to help out an old friend of hers, lawyer Peter Toumbekis, not Heller. The confusion was clarified by her husband, who's also a lawyer. He said Toumbekis was working with Heller's law firm and would appear in court for LiLo's hearing.
Heller has previously represented reality TV star Jon Gosselin and "Son of Sam" serial killer David Berkowitz. He was reportedly suspended from practicing law for five years in 1994 and, according to the New York Times, has been dubbed a "menace to the public" by some lawyers.
Heller was hired by LiLo after she fired Holley, who's been successfully keeping her out of jail for the past few years, earlier this month. Holley last appeared in court when she entered a "not guilty" plea to the troubled actress' reckless-driving and lying-to-cop charges.
Holley is currently in the process of withdrawing herself completely from the "Liz & Dick" star's cases and forwarding them to Heller's sponsor. The next hearing for the former Disney actress' legal woes is scheduled for January 30.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy