John Mayer and Christina Aguilera Among 2013 Presenters for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
The first presenters for the upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony have been announced. John Mayer and Christina Aguilera are tapped to usher the inductees along with Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Don Henley, Jennifer Hudson and Gary Clark, Jr.
Mayer is set to induct the late blues singer/guitarist Albert King and pay tribute to him in a performance with Clark. Aguilera and Hudson are scheduled to perform in honor of Donna Summer, who died in May 2012 after a courageous battle against lung cancer.
Foo Fighters' singer/guitarist Grohl and drummer Hawkins will induct pioneering progressive-rock band Rush. A 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee as a member of The Eagles, Henley will introduce singer/songwriter Randy Newman to the 2013 class.
Heart and Public Enemy are also added to this year's class along with recipients of Ahmet Ertegun Award for lifetime achievement, Quincy Jones and Lou Adler. They will be feted on April 18 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. More presenters and performers are to be announced later.
More John Mayer News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass