John Mayer and Christina Aguilera Among 2013 Presenters for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
The first presenters for the upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony have been announced. John Mayer and Christina Aguilera are tapped to usher the inductees along with Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Don Henley, Jennifer Hudson and Gary Clark, Jr.
Mayer is set to induct the late blues singer/guitarist Albert King and pay tribute to him in a performance with Clark. Aguilera and Hudson are scheduled to perform in honor of Donna Summer, who died in May 2012 after a courageous battle against lung cancer.
Foo Fighters' singer/guitarist Grohl and drummer Hawkins will induct pioneering progressive-rock band Rush. A 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee as a member of The Eagles, Henley will introduce singer/songwriter Randy Newman to the 2013 class.
Heart and Public Enemy are also added to this year's class along with recipients of Ahmet Ertegun Award for lifetime achievement, Quincy Jones and Lou Adler. They will be feted on April 18 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. More presenters and performers are to be announced later.
More John Mayer News
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper