Confirmed: Adele to Perform 'Skyfall' at 2013 Academy Awards
It's official, Adele is going to take the stage for a live performance at the upcoming telecast of the 85th annual Academy Awards. The new mom is set to perform "Skyfall" soundtrack at the event which will feature a tribute to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise.
"We have enormous respect for Adele's unique artistry as a songwriter and a singer," said Oscars' producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "She is currently one of the most successful recording artists in the world, and we believe that her performance of 'Skyfall' will be an exciting Oscar moment for audiences watching at the Dolby Theatre and on television screens around the world."
"It's an honor to be nominated and terrifyingly wonderful to be singing in front of people who have captured my imagination over and over again," the new mom gushes. "It's something I've never experienced and probably only ever will once!"
She's vying for Best Original Song, thanks to the "Skyfall" she and producer Paul Epworth wrote together. It is the first Bond theme to be nominated for an Oscar since 1981's "For Your Eyes Only" from the 12th James Bond film of the same name. It's also the first Bond song to ever debut in Billboard's top 10 chart.
The February 24 performance in Los Angeles will mark Adele's first U.S. TV performance since Grammy Awards last year. Earlier this month, she made her first red-carpet appearance, since giving birth, at the Golden Globe Awards where she won her Best Original Song nod for the "Skyfall".
Nominations for the upcoming Oscars were announced on January 10 in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater by host Seth MacFarlane and fellow actor Emma Stone. This year, "Lincoln" dominates with a total of 12 nods including Best Picture.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip