Daniel Gillies to Return as Elijah on 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off
"The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals", has added another actor to its cast ensemble. Daniel Gillies who portrays one of the original vampires, Elijah, on the hit supernatural drama show will reprise his role on the potential new series.
Gillies joins Joseph Morgan who plays his on-screen brother Klaus. Also already cast for "The Originals" is Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in an April 25 episode of "TVD" which will serve as a backdoor pilot for the spin-off.
In the said outing, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel."
If the spin-off is picked up to series, Morgan and Gillies are expected to join the regular cast as the show will center on the two brothers. "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec, meanwhile, will serve as the showrunner.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!