Daniel Gillies to Return as Elijah on 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off
"The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals", has added another actor to its cast ensemble. Daniel Gillies who portrays one of the original vampires, Elijah, on the hit supernatural drama show will reprise his role on the potential new series.
Gillies joins Joseph Morgan who plays his on-screen brother Klaus. Also already cast for "The Originals" is Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in an April 25 episode of "TVD" which will serve as a backdoor pilot for the spin-off.
In the said outing, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel."
If the spin-off is picked up to series, Morgan and Gillies are expected to join the regular cast as the show will center on the two brothers. "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec, meanwhile, will serve as the showrunner.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up