Daniel Gillies to Return as Elijah on 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off
"The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals", has added another actor to its cast ensemble. Daniel Gillies who portrays one of the original vampires, Elijah, on the hit supernatural drama show will reprise his role on the potential new series.
Gillies joins Joseph Morgan who plays his on-screen brother Klaus. Also already cast for "The Originals" is Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in an April 25 episode of "TVD" which will serve as a backdoor pilot for the spin-off.
In the said outing, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel."
If the spin-off is picked up to series, Morgan and Gillies are expected to join the regular cast as the show will center on the two brothers. "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec, meanwhile, will serve as the showrunner.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic