Daniel Gillies to Return as Elijah on 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off
"The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals", has added another actor to its cast ensemble. Daniel Gillies who portrays one of the original vampires, Elijah, on the hit supernatural drama show will reprise his role on the potential new series.
Gillies joins Joseph Morgan who plays his on-screen brother Klaus. Also already cast for "The Originals" is Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in an April 25 episode of "TVD" which will serve as a backdoor pilot for the spin-off.
In the said outing, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel."
If the spin-off is picked up to series, Morgan and Gillies are expected to join the regular cast as the show will center on the two brothers. "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec, meanwhile, will serve as the showrunner.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage