Daniel Gillies to Return as Elijah on 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off
"The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals", has added another actor to its cast ensemble. Daniel Gillies who portrays one of the original vampires, Elijah, on the hit supernatural drama show will reprise his role on the potential new series.
Gillies joins Joseph Morgan who plays his on-screen brother Klaus. Also already cast for "The Originals" is Phoebe Tonkin, who will reprise her role as werewolf Hayley in an April 25 episode of "TVD" which will serve as a backdoor pilot for the spin-off.
In the said outing, Klaus "returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans - a town he helped build centuries ago - and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel."
If the spin-off is picked up to series, Morgan and Gillies are expected to join the regular cast as the show will center on the two brothers. "TVD" executive producer Julie Plec, meanwhile, will serve as the showrunner.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'